|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from ; try the Find link tool for suggestions. (December 2012)|
Elephant Surf is a surf company based in San Diego, California, and is the leading innovator of compression shorts for surfing. The company was founded in 2010, and specializes in lower body rash guards and compression shorts to wear under boardshorts.
Elephant Surf is one of the major sponsors to top-10 ASP surfer Josh Kerr, with whom the company worked to design their flagship product; the Trunks: Josh Kerr Pro Model. The Trunks were designed to improve comfort in the water and prevent boardshort rash through the strategic placement of neoprene panels on the inner and rear thigh.
Critical Reception and Press
Upon their release, the Trunks earned critical praise from several publications, and were termed "The Cure for Boardshort Rash" by Daily Stoke, and "Surf Specific Compression Shorts...Verdict: Recommended" by Tracks Magazine. The Trunks also received praise from Thrillist, AWSM.com, Surfboard Shack, and TRND Collective. In December 2011, the Trunks were named to the 2012 Surfer Magazine Holiday Gift Guide, both online and in print.
Elephant Surf appears to have received no major critical praise for their clothing line.
Josh Kerr Sponsorship
Elephant Surf signed professional surfer Josh Kerr to a sponsorship in 2011, making them Kerr's exclusive provider of under boardshort wear.
- [dead link]
- "Josh Kerr Signs With Elephant Surf | TransWorld Business". Business.transworld.net. 2011-06-09. Retrieved 2013-05-11.
- "Sarahmcarr.com". Sarahmcarr.com. Retrieved 2013-05-11.
- "Elephant Surf Boardshorts: The Cure for Boardshort Rash, Finally!". :. 2011-04-06. Retrieved 2013-05-11.
- "Tracks Magazine - The Surfer's Bibles". Tracksmag.com. Retrieved 2013-05-11.
- Thrillist (2011-09-12). "Elephant Surf - Entertainment - Thrillist San Diego". Thrillist.com. Retrieved 2013-05-11.
- "Elephant Surf Josh Kerr Pro Model at". Awsm.com. Retrieved 2013-05-11.
- "Elephant Surf – The Trunks | SurfboardShack.com". Custom.surfboardshack.com. 2011-02-22. Retrieved 2013-05-11.
- http://www.trndcollective.com/2011/07/elephant-surf-lower-body-rash-guard/[dead link]
- "Brands - 2012 Holiday Gift Guide". Gear.surfermag.com. Retrieved 2013-05-11.
- "Elephant Surf Announces Sponsorship of ASP World Tour Surfer Josh Kerr". Surfline.Com. 2011-06-09. Retrieved 2013-05-11.
|This United States corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|