27 May 1993 |
|Height||171 cm (67 in) (2012)|
|Weight||58 kg (128 lb) (2012)|
Elisa Barnard (born 27 May 1993 in Sydney, Australia) is a recurve Australian archer. She has won the Australian Open and the New Zealand National Championships and represented Australia in archery at the 2012 Summer Olympics.
Her father, Jonathan Barnard, the president of Sydney Olympic Park Archery, was accused of intimidating another Australian archer, Odette Snazelle, during competitions. The matter went to court. Members of the Australian Archery community implied Snazelle's motives in accusing Barnard's father of harassment were in order to make Barnard ineligible for the Games so Snazelle could take her place.
Barnard is 171 centimetres (67 in) tall and weighs 58 kilograms (128 lb).
Barnard competes in the women's recurve archery event. She took up the sport following a foot injury that did not allow her to participate in tennis or gymnastics. She has an archery scholarship with the New South Wales Institute of Sport.
In 2011, Barnard finished first at the Adelaide hosted Australian Open in the individual recurve event and finished first at the Hamilton hosted New Zealand National Championships.
Barnard competed in several archery events in 2012 including the national championships in Canberra in March, the World Cup 1 event in April in China, the World Cup 2 event in May in Turkey, and the World Cup 3 event in the United States in June. She finished seventeenth at the China World Cup event. The World Cup 3 event was the final Olympic qualifying event, where she finished seventeenth in the recurve individual event. In January 2012, she came in first at the New Zealand-hosted Oceania Championships. She also finished first at the 2012 Australian National Championships. In May 2012, she was ranked the third best female Australian archer. She represented Australia at the 2012 Summer Olympics.
- "London 2012 - Elisa Barnard". Australian Olympic Committee. 27 May 1993. Archived from the original on 3 July 2012. Retrieved 3 July 2012.
- "HSC All-round Achievers List - Higher School Certificate". Board of Studies, Teaching and Educational Standards. Government of New South Wales. 2010. Retrieved 13 March 2015.
- "Slings and arrows: Olympic archers battle it out in court". Sydney Morning Herald. 15 May 2012. Retrieved 3 July 2012.
- Isabel, By (14 May 2012). "Olympic hopeful Odette Snazelle 'scared' of rival Elisa Barnard's dad, Jonathan Barnard". news.com.au. Retrieved 3 July 2012.
- "Elisa Barnard". Macquarie University. 2012. Archived from the original on 5 August 2012. Retrieved 3 July 2012.
- "Coaching at SOPA". Sydney Olympic Park Archery. Archived from the original on 28 February 2015. Retrieved 13 March 2015.
- "Elite athletes recognised at 2013 Blues Awards" (Press release). Macquarie University. 4 November 2013. Retrieved 13 March 2015.
- "Archer Odette Snazelle denies harass claims bid to put off rival". Sydney Morning Herald. 8 June 2012. Retrieved 2012-07-03.