From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up Elide, elided, eliding, elisions, or élision in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Elision may also refer to:
- Elision (music), a concept in the analysis of 18th- and 19th-century Western music
- ELISION Ensemble, a chamber ensemble specialising in contemporary classical music
- Elision (French), refers to the suppression of a final unstressed vowel (usually [ə]) immediately before another word beginning with a vowel
- Copy elision, a compiler optimization technique that eliminates unnecessary copying of objects.
- Elisionism, a philosophical standpoint encompassing various social theories
- Ellipsis (disambiguation)
- Elysian (disambiguation)
- Elysium (disambiguation)
- Ross Douthat (November 29, 2014). "The Retreat to Identity". The New York Times. Retrieved November 30, 2014.
by the time the grand jury handed down its non-indictment the original narrative about Ferguson could only survive with “a degree of elision” and “adjustment.”
- John McWhorter (November 24, 2014). "Ferguson Is the Wrong Tragedy to Wake America Up". Time magazine. Retrieved November 30, 2014.
It requires, as a rallying point, a degree of elision, adjustment.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Elision.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.