Elizabeth South railway station
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Line(s)||Gawler Central Line|
|Distance||24 km from Adelaide|
Elizabeth South railway station is located on the Gawler Central line. Situated on the border of northern Adelaide suburbs of Elizabeth South and Edinburgh, it is 24 kilometres from Adelaide station and has an island platform between the two railway tracks. Pedestrians cross the tracks at level since the underpass was closed due to concerns about safety and vandalism.
The station opened in the 1940s and once had a shelter and ticket office identical to that of Woodlands Park, but this was replaced in the late 1970s or early 1980s. On its western side, the station is adjacent to the Defence Science & Technology Organisation, and there is a walking track to the station for employees of DSTO.
- Gawler Central timetable Archived 10 February 2014 at the Wayback Machine. Adelaide Metro 4 February 2013
- Between 1941 and 1991, the original and at that time much larger DSTO site was served by the now closed and dismantled Penfield railway line
- Stations Upgrade Program Department of Planning, Transport & Infrastructure
- Gawler Rail Revitalisation Department of Planning, Transport & Infrastructure
- Gawler line closed Adelaide Metro
Media related to Elizabeth South railway station at Wikimedia Commons