This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2016)
Energy consulting is a sub-discipline of environmental consulting that focuses on optimizing a business' energy usage, as well as the sources from which the actual energy is derived. Energy consulting is often centered on reducing operational costs, though this is not always the main goal. With the increasing importance of corporate social responsibility (CSR) in the minds of the general public, enterprise level businesses may contract an energy consultant to include more environmentally friendly energy sources into their energy mix.
Role of hedging and financial analysis
As a result of the volatility in the modern energy industry, many enterprise level businesses are turning to financial analysts, specifically through the use of derivatives and hedging to minimize exposure to the unstable energy industry.
- "Improving the energy efficiency of our buildings – A guide to display energy certificates and advisory reports for public buildings". Department for Communities and Local Government. December 2012. Retrieved 19 September 2013.
- "Power Call". Archived from the original on November 5, 2016. Retrieved November 5, 2016.
- Former European Commission Directive 98/11/EC of 27 January 1998 implementing Council Directive 92/75/EEC with regard to energy labelling of household lamps, replaced by European Commission Delegated Regulation (EU) No 874/2012 of 12 July 2012 supplementing Directive 2010/30/EU of the European Parliament and of the Council with regard to energy labelling of electrical lamps and luminaires (consolidated text)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2015-01-31. Retrieved 2015-01-30.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Power Struggle: Making the Most of Generation Assets in Turbulent Times". 27 August 2014.