(Redirected from Energy usage)
Energy consumption is the amount of energy used.
In the body, energy consumption is part of energy homeostasis. It derived from food energy. Energy consumption in the body is a product of the basal metabolic rate and the physical activity level. The physical activity level are defined for a non-pregnant, non-lactating adult as that person's total energy expenditure (TEE) in a 24-hour period, divided by his or her basal metabolic rate (BMR):
Topics related to energy consumption in a demographic sense are:
Effects of energy consumption
Reduction of energy consumption
- Energy conservation, the practice of decreasing the quantity of energy used
- Efficient energy use
- Energy efficiency
- Energy efficiency in transportation
- Electricity generation
- Energy mix
- Energy policy
- Energy transformation
- ^ "Energy consumption definition and meaning - Collins English Dictionary". www.collinsdictionary.com.
- ^ "Human energy requirements: Principles and Definitions". Report of a Joint FAO/WHO/UNU Expert Consultation. Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations. 2004. Retrieved 2009-10-15.
- Media related to Energy consumption at Wikimedia Commons
- World energy consumption per capita per country