During 2011 pre-season with Birmingham City
|Full name||Enric Vallès Prat|
|Date of birth||1 March 1990|
|Place of birth||Puig-reig, Spain|
|Height||1.89 m (6 ft 2 1⁄2 in)|
|2015||Harrisburg City Islanders||23||(3)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 20 November 2015.
Enric Vallès Prat (born 1 March 1990) is a Spanish footballer who plays as a midfielder for Sandefjord Fotball. He began his career in the youth system of FC Barcelona before playing for NAC Breda, Birmingham City, UE Olot, UE Cornellà, CE Manresa and Harrisburg City Islanders.
Born in Puig-reig, Barcelona, Catalonia, Vallès began his football career in the youth system of FC Barcelona. In 2008 he played alongside Gai Assulin and Iago Falque in the team that reached the final of the Spanish Youth Cup, in which they lost 2–0 to Sevilla's youngsters. Vallès left Barcelona in August 2008, as an 18-year-old, to turn professional with NAC Breda of the Dutch Eredivisie, signing a two-year contract.
Recommended by an agent who likened him to Albert Riera, then of Liverpool, Vallès had a week's trial with English Premier League club Birmingham City. The trial proved successful, and in May 2010, he signed a pre-contract agreement to join the club on 1 July upon the expiry of his contract with NAC Breda, for whom he had played four matches in the Eredivisie. In his first interview after joining Birmingham, Vallès described himself as a "left midfielder who can also play on the wing" whose main strengths were his dribbling and his work ethic; he also revealed his desire to play in the same team as fellow Spaniard Míchel. Manager Alex McLeish summed him up as a "big, tall, lad, left-sided and maybe not the explosion of some wingers, but a very good footballer".
After a successful pre-season, Vallès made his competitive debut for Birmingham in the second-round League Cup-tie against Rochdale on 26 August 2010. His only other appearance came in the next round of the League Cup, and a proposed loan move to League One (third-tier) club Brighton & Hove Albion or possible return to Spain came to nothing when the player suffered a stress fracture to his foot. He made a return to the first-team squad as an unused substitute for the final match of the season, which confirmed Birmingham's relegation from the Premier League, and the club took up their option to extend his contract for a further year. Vallès was occasionally included in the matchday squad during that year but made no more first-team appearances, and he was released when his contract expired at the end of the 2011–12 season.
On 15 November 2012, Vallès signed for UE Olot of the Spanish Tercera División. He scored four goals as Olot finished as champions of their group, thus qualifying for the promotion playoffs. Although Vallès suffered a hamstring injury in the second round of the playoffs that was to keep him out for what remained of the season, his team went on to defeat Arandina CF in the final round to earn promotion to the Segunda División B for the first time in the club's history.
Vallès was not kept on for the new season, and signed for UE Cornellà in the same division in August 2013. Again, he contributed to the club's first ever promotion to the Segunda B, and again, he was released at the end of the season. Vallès then dropped down a level to the Primera Catalana to join CE Manresa for 2014–15.
|Club||Season||League||National Cup||League Cup||Other||Total|
|Harrisburg City Islanders||2015||24||2||2||0||–||–||26||2|
- "Enric Vallès Prat". Voetbal International. Archived from the original on 20 October 2012.
- "Player Profiles: Enric Valles". Birmingham City F.C. Archived from the original on 29 February 2012.
- Sebastián, Joel (23 November 2012). "Benvingut Mr. Vallès" [Welcome Mr. Vallès]. L'Esportiu (in Catalan). p. 16. Retrieved 7 April 2015.
- Boix, Oriol (24 January 2013). "Els metges em van dir que no tornaria a jugar" [The doctors told me I'd never play again]. GolCat.com (in Catalan). Retrieved 7 April 2015.
- "Enric Vallés, juvenil del FC Barcelona ya es jugador del NAC Breda" [Enric Vallès, Barcelona youth-teamer, is now an NAC Breda player]. Joinfutbol.com (in Spanish). 17 August 2008. Retrieved 18 May 2010.
- Tattum, Colin (27 May 2010). "New boy Enric Valles give challenge by Alex McLeish". Birmingham Mail. Retrieved 15 November 2012.
- "Birmingham sign Spanish midfielder Enric Valles". BBC Sport. 18 May 2010. Retrieved 18 May 2010.
- "Valles Exclusive". Birmingham City F.C. 18 May 2010. Retrieved 18 May 2010. (subscription required (. ))[dead link]
- Tattum, Colin (22 July 2010). "Enric Valles is pleased with China form". Birmingham Mail. Retrieved 15 November 2012.
- Tattum, Colin (27 August 2010). "Birmingham City 3, Rochdale 2". Birmingham Mail. Retrieved 15 November 2012.
- Moxley, Neil (23 December 2010). "Alex McLeish weighs up a £1.5m move for Boca Juniors striker Pablo Mouche". Daily Mail. Retrieved 25 February 2011.
- Tattum, Colin (27 May 2011). "James McFadden holds contract talks as Phillips, Bowyer and Parnaby leave". Birmingham Mail. Retrieved 15 November 2012.
- Dawkes, Phil (22 May 2011). "Tottenham 2–1 Birmingham". BBC Sport. Retrieved 23 May 2011.
- "Defender David Murphy signs new deal with Birmingham City". BBC Sport. 16 May 2012. Retrieved 8 July 2013.
- "Enric Vallès, un reforç de qualitat per la UEO" [Enric Vallès, a quality addition for UE Olot] (in Catalan). Unió Esportiva Olot. 15 November 2012. Archived from the original on 14 July 2014.
- "Golejadors" [Goalscorers] (in Catalan). U.E. Olot. Archived from the original on 8 July 2013.
"Campions 30 anys després! Rapitenca 2–2 Olot" [Champions after 30 years! Rapitenca 2–2 Olot] (in Catalan). U.E. Olot. 30 June 2013. Archived from the original on 17 July 2014.
- "Vallès es perd el que resta de la temporada" [Vallès out for the rest of the season]. El Punt Avui (in Catalan) (Barcelona). 10 June 2013. Retrieved 8 July 2013.
Ponce, J.Ll. (30 June 2013). "Olot, una fiesta tras el histórico ascenso a Segunda B" [Olot, a party after their historic promotion to the Segunda B]. Sport (in Spanish) (Barcelona). Retrieved 8 July 2013.
- "Enric Vallés, nuevo fichaje" [Enric Vallés, new signing] (in Spanish). UE Cornellà. 29 August 2013. Retrieved 7 April 2015.
- J.S. (7 August 2014). "Joaquín García apuntalarà el centre del camp de la UE Cornellà" [Joaquín García will shore up UE Cornellà's midfield]. El Periódico de Catalunya (in Catalan). Retrieved 7 April 2015.
- "Enric Vallès, un reforç de luxe per al CE Manresa a Primera Catalana" [Enric Vallès, a classy addition for CE Manresa in the Primera Catalana]. Regió 7 (in Catalan). 31 July 2014. Retrieved 7 April 2015.
- "Ny spiller klar for SF!". http://www.sandefjordfotball.no/ (in Norwegian). Sandefjord Fotball. 20 November 2015. Retrieved 20 November 2015. External link in
- "Enric Vallés". Soccerway. Global Sports Media. Retrieved 16 May 2012.
- "Enric Valles". Soccerbase. Centurycomm. Retrieved 16 May 2012.
- "Valles Prat, Enric — Temporada 2012–2013" [Valles Prat, Enric — 2012–2013 Season] (in Catalan). Catalan Football Federation. Retrieved 8 April 2015.
- "Valles Prat, Enric — Temporada 2013–2014" [Valles Prat, Enric — 2013–2014 Season] (in Catalan). Catalan Football Federation. Retrieved 8 April 2015.
- "Valles Prat, Enric — Temporada 2014–2015" [Valles Prat, Enric — 2014–2015 Season] (in Catalan). Catalan Football Federation. Retrieved 8 April 2015.