Type of site
|Available in||English and others|
|Alexa rank||35,119 (April 2014[update])|
- LivingSocial (2010), operated in Indonesia and Malaysia
- Dealmates (2011), operated in Malaysia
- Mydeal.com.my, operated in Malaysia and Deal.com.sg, operated in Singapore
- Beecrazy, operated in Hong Kong
In June 2011, Ensogo was acquired by LivingSocial. The acquisition extended to Ensogo in Thailand, Philippines as well as Indonesia. LivingSocial sold their South East Asia operation to Patrick Grove's iBuy Group in April 2014, and iBuy Group floated the IPO to Australian Securities Exchange on December 20 of the same year, renaming iBuy to Ensogo and use the ticker E88.
On June 21, 2016, Ensogo announced that it will shut down all South East Asia operation (including Hong Kong) and its CEO Kris Marszalek has resigned; it also requests ASX to suspend shares trading. The unprecedented shutdown affected operations in several countries; workers in Singapore found the office was closed, Hong Kong sellers call for police investigation of fraud and certain stores in Thailand rejecting deals purchased by consumers, though the Consumer Protection Board is expected to summon Ensogo executives for remedial issues.
- "Ensogo.com Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 2014-04-01.
- "Ensogo Philippines redefines "sale"". Manila Bulletin. Archived from the original on 2012-04-24.
- "Coupon Clash". www.sea-globe.com. Retrieved 2 March 2012.
- "LivingSocial Acquires Ensogo". techcrunch.com. Retrieved 2 March 2012.
- Colin Kruger (18 December 2014). "Goodbye iBuy, Hello Ensogo, here's how to gloss over an IPO dog". The Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved 23 June 2016.
- "LivingSocial Sells Southeast Asia Business to iBuy Group for $18.5 Million" (Press release). LivingSocial. 1 April 2014. Retrieved 23 June 2016.
- Judith Balea (21 June 2016). "Ensogo to shut all Southeast Asian marketplaces, lay off staff". Tech in Asia. Retrieved 23 June 2016.
- Rachael Boon (22 June 2016). "Troubled e-retailer Ensogo shuts Singapore operations". The Straits Times. Retrieved 23 June 2016.
- Flora Chung (22 June 2016). "Anger as BeeCrazy buzzes off". The Standard. Retrieved 23 June 2016.
- Watchiranont Thongtep; et al. (23 June 2016). "Ensogo executives summoned". The Nation. Retrieved 23 June 2016. Explicit use of et al. in:
|This website-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|