Equity Bank Rwanda Limited
|Headquarters||Kigali Reinsurance Plaza
|Mr. Samuel Kirubi,
|Products||Loans, Checking, Savings, Investments, Debit Cards|
|Revenue||Aftertax:US$448,500+ (RWF:305.3 million) (Q3:2014)|
|Total assets||US$133.25 million (RWF:90.7 billion) (Q3:2014)|
|Parent||Equity Group Holdings Limited|
EBRL is a medium-sized financial services provider in Rwanda, with an estimated total asset valuation of about US$133.25 million (RWF:90.7 billion), as of 30 September 2014. The shareholders' equity was not publicly known at that time.
The bank was granted a banking license by the National Bank of Rwanda, in 2011 and commenced banking services in the fourth quarter of 2011. Rwanda was the fourth East African country where the Equity Bank Group has opened a subsidiary. Operations in Tanzania commenced during the first quarter of 2012. The bank group maintains financial services subsidiaries in Kenya, Rwanda, South Sudan, Uganda and Tanzania. Operations in Burundi are planned to begin in the next five years.
Equity Bank Rwanda Limited is a 100% subsidiary of the Equity Group Holdings Limited. Headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya, Equity Group Holdings Limited is the second largest financial services provider in East Africa, by assets, behind Kenya Commercial Bank Group (KCB Group). As of September 2014[update], Equity Group Holdings' asset base was valued at over US$3.83 billion (KES:339.44 billion), with shareholders' equity in excess of US$644.6 million (KES:57.1 billion). At that time, the group's customer base was estimated at over 9.2 million in the five East Arican countries that it serves, making it the largest commercial bank on the African continent, by customer numbers.
Equity Group Holdings Limited
The companies that compose the Equity Group Holdings Limitedinclude but are not limited to the following:
- Equity Bank Kenya Limited - Nairobi, Kenya
- Equity Bank Rwanda Limited - Kigali, Rwanda 
- Equity Bank South Sudan Limited - Juba, South Sudan
- Equity Bank Tanzania Limited - Dar es Salaam, Tanzania 
- Equity Bank Uganda Limited - Kampala, Uganda
- ProCredit Bank Congo SARL – Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of the Congo
- Equity Consulting Group Limited - Nairobi, Kenya
- Equity Insurance Agency Limited - Nairobi, Kenya
- Equity Nominees Limited - Nairobi, Kenya
- Equity Investment Services Limited - Nairobi, Kenya
- Finserve Africa Limited - Nairobi, Kenya
- Equity Group Foundation - Nairobi, Kenya
- Equity Investment Bank - Nairobi, Kenya: Equity Bank Group has 100% shareholding
The stock of Equity Group Holdings Limited is traded on the Nairobi Stock Exchange, under the symbol: EQTY. On Thursday 18 June 2009, the Group's stock cross listed on the Uganda Securities Exchange (USE), and started trading that day, under the symbol: EBL.
Equity Bank Rwanda Limited maintains the following branches, as of December 2014.
- Kigali Main Branch - Grand Pension Plaza Building, KN 4 Avenue, Kigali
- Rubavu Branch - Maison Saint Joseph, Main Street, Rubavu
- Nyarugenge Branch - Ground Floor, Kigali City Market, Commercial Avenue, Nyarugenge, Kigali
- Remera Branch - Nobiscum House, Amahoro National Stadium Avenue, Remera, Kigali
- Rusizi Branch - Kamembe Main Road, Rusizi.
- Rwamagana Branch - Rwanda Social Security Bureau House, Opposite Dereva Hotel, Rwamagana.
- Muhanga Branch - African Hills Building, Kigali-Huye Road, Muhanga
- Nyabugogo Branch - Societe Duteraninkunga House, KN 1 Road, Nyabugogo, Kigali
- Musanze Branch - Mushakamba House, Musanze-Rubavu Road, Musanze.
- BNR, . (2014). "BNR Supervision: List of Licensed Banks". National Bank of Rwanda (BNR). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2014-07-12.
- Gasore, Ben (2 December 2014). "Rwanda: Equity Bank Returns To Profitability". New Times (Rwanda) via AllAfrica.com. Retrieved 2 December 2014.
- EABW Reporter, . "Rwanda: Equity Bank Enters Rwanda". East African Business Week (Kampala) via AllAfrica.com. Retrieved 2 December 2014.
- EGHL, . (October 2014). "Equity Bank Group Financial Statement As At 30th September 2014". Equity Group Holdings Limited (EGHL). Retrieved 2 December 2014.
- Flood, Zoe (3 July 2014). "Kenya's Mobile Innovation Brings Digital Money Closer". BBC News. Retrieved 2 December 2014.
- Namata, Berna (4 April 2011). "Equity Gets Kigali's Nod To Set Up Shop In Rwanda". The EastAfrican (Nairobi). Retrieved 2 December 2014.
- Hitimana, Bosco (7 November 2011). "Rwanda: Equity Bank Enters Rwanda". East African Business Week (Kampala) via AllAfrica.com. Retrieved 2 December 2014.
- Kimani, Mwaura (31 January 2011). "Equity Bank Eyes 20 Percent Profits Outside Kenya". The EastAfrican (Nairobi).
- Newvision Archive, . (21 June 2009). "Equity Bank Cross-Lists On USE". New Vision (Kampala). Retrieved 3 December 2014.
- EGHL, . "Equity Bank Rwanda Limited: Branch Contacts". © 2014 Equity Group Holdings Limited (EGHL). Retrieved 3 December 2014.