|Born||Eric Matthew David Simonoff
July 21, 1967
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, U.S.
|Spouse(s)||Anne Sikora (m. 1995–2014)
Meredith Kaffel (m. 2015)
|Children||Henry Simonoff (1999)
Lucy Simonoff (2002)
Eric Simonoff was born in Philadelphia on July 21, 1967. He spent most of his childhood in Cherry Hill, New Jersey. He graduated from Princeton University in 1989, with a degree in Classics. He began his publishing career at W.W. Norton as an editorial assistant. He joined Janklow and Nesbit 1991 and rose to co-director. He left Janklow & Nesbit for William Morris Endeavor in 2009. His switch in agencies was considered a major event in the publishing industry.
List of clients
- Jonathan Lethem
- Philipp Meyer, author of The Son
- Douglas Preston, author of The Monster of Florence: A True Story
- Vikram Chandra
- Lincoln Child
- Andrew Davidson
- James Frey, controversial author of A Million Little Pieces.
- Louis Gerstner
- Bob Greene
- Edward P. Jones, Pulitzer prize winner.
- Jhumpa Lahiri, Pulitzer prize winner.
- Alexander Maksik, novelist
- Thisbe Nissen
- Bill O'Reilly, conservative commentator.
- Trenton Lee Stewart
- Stacy Schiff, Pulitzer prize winner.
- Danielle Trussoni
- Louise Shaffer Emmy-winning actress and author.
- Nam Le
- The New Yorker Magazine
- Phil Klay, author of Redeployment
- Chris Robinson and Gavin Kovite, authors of War of the Encyclopaedists
- Yaa Gyasi
- http://www.observer.com/2009/media/why-did-janklow-prince-eric-simonoff-defect-william-morris New York Observer piece on Simonoff's switch in agency. He is currently the co-head of the William Morris Endeavor books department.
- http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/news/e3i781c3e0a48f6c1c2eaf71382840f55f4 The Hollywood Reporter article.