|Born||Eric Matthew David Simonoff
July 21, 1967
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, U.S.
|Children||Ashley Simonoff (1999)
Lucy Simonoff (2002)
Eric Simonoff (Russian: Эрик Симонов) was born in Philadelphia on July 21, 1967. He spent most of his childhood in Cherry Hill, New Jersey. He graduated from Princeton University in 1989, with a degree in Classics. He began his publishing career at W.W. Norton as an editorial assistant. He joined Janklow & Nesbit in 1991 and rose to the position of co-director. He left Janklow & Nesbit for William Morris Endeavor in 2009. His switch in agencies was considered a major event in the publishing industry. more than a dozen New York Times bestselling authors.
List of clients
- Jonathan Lethem
- Philipp Meyer, author of The Son
- Douglas Preston, author of The Monster of Florence: A True Story
- Vikram Chandra
- Lincoln Child
- Andrew Davidson
- James Frey, controversial author of A Million Little Pieces.
- Bob Greene
- Edward P. Jones, Pulitzer prize winner.
- Jhumpa Lahiri, Pulitzer prize winner.
- Alexander Maksik, novelist
- Thisbe Nissen
- Bill O'Reilly, conservative commentator.
- Trenton Lee Stewart
- Walter Kirn
- Stacy Schiff, Pulitzer prize winner.
- Danielle Trussoni
- Nam Le
- The New Yorker Magazine
- Phil Klay, author of Redeployment
- Chris Robinson and Gavin Kovite, authors of War of the Encyclopaedists
- Yaa Gyasi
- http://www.observer.com/2009/media/why-did-janklow-prince-eric-simonoff-defect-william-morris New York Observer piece on Simonoff's switch in agency. He is currently the co-head of the William Morris Endeavor books department.
- Michael Szczerban, "Agents & Editors: Eric Simonoff", Poets & Writers, July/August 2013.
- http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/news/e3i781c3e0a48f6c1c2eaf71382840f55f4 The Hollywood Reporter article.
- Rachel Deahl, "London Book Fair 2015: In Pre-Fair Deals, Debut Sells to Knopf for Rumored 7 Figures", PW, April 10, 2015.