A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (August 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Eric Vanderburg at Jurinnov headquarters in Cleveland, OH
University of Fairfax|
Kent State University
Author, Business Leader|
|Known for||storage networking, security|
Vanderburg is Vice President of Cybersecurity at TCDI and an author and speaker on information security. He has been interviewed on TV and radio to discuss information security and he presents and conferences and seminars and has participated in panels on information security.
Vanderburg attended Kent State University earning both a bachelor of Science in Technology and a Masters in Business Administration. He also has a Master of Business Administration (MBA), and pursued a doctorate in information assurance.
Life and career
Vanderburg has been interested in technology from an early age, often reading through computer manuals in his library, thus allowing himself to learn "some basics of programming". After spending some time with hackers and "Internet deviants" in the early 1990s, he managed to turn his interest in IT security into a career, and since the late 1990s his interest has primarily been that of cybersecurity within the business world. He has also spoken about the development of DevOps in the business world.
Vanderburg founded Independent Systems Consulting, an IT consulting firm, in 1997, which he ran for almost ten years. He then joined Jurinnov in 2006 where he directed IT, digital forensics, and cybersecurity consulting teams. In 2009, he built a network operations center at Jurinnov's headquarters to monitor data center operations and to perform transaction monitoring of key business and client systems. In 2016, Vanderburg became Vice President of Cybersecurity at TCDI when TCDI acquired Jurinnov. He is also a TechMin Network board member.
Vanderburg was involved with Hitachi Data Systems in testing their Essential NAS product which he compared to the Netapp FAS3000 NAS and he partnered with Lateral Data in using their Viewpoint eDiscovery tool to perform large-scale litigation document review. He worked with Venio on their litigation review tool with early case assessment (ECA), and has worked with companies including Dell, Carbonite, BitDefender, Microsoft and AT&T.
Vanderburg has served as an expert witness in cases involving digital preservation, electronic communication, access control and confidential information disclosure, database management systems, and directory services.
Vanderburg taught courses in security, database management systems, and computer networking at Remington College's Cleveland-West campus as an instructor and chair of the Computer Networking Technology program. He served as an adjunct instructor in the Computer Information Systems department at Lorain County Community College in Elyria, Ohio. Vanderburg has delivered commencement speeches at the Vatterott College Cleveland campus 2010 commencement and Remington College Cleveland-West campus's final graduation in 2013. He has also taught web-based courses for professional development for eForensics Magazine. Vanderburg has served on the advisory boards for Remington College, Vatterott College, Lincoln School of Technology and Cuyahoga Community College Workforce and Economic Development Division (WEDD).
Publications and bibliography
Vanderburg has published in CIO Magazine, eForensics Magazine, Network World, Computer World, Networks Asia Certification Magazine, PC Security World, CSO Magazine, ARN, TechWorld, and McGladrey Technology News Brief Vanderburg also maintains a blog called Security Thinking Cap.
- CompTIA Storage+ Quick Review Guide (eBook) (1 ed.). 13 June 2015. ISBN 9780071800372. Retrieved 3 August 2017.
- SCSP SNIA Certified Storage Professional All-in-One Exam Guide (Exam S10-110) (Print) (1 ed.). 8 March 2017. ISBN 9781260011074. Retrieved 3 August 2017.
- Dixon Murray, Teresa (September 27, 2012). "Banks can't prevent cyber attacks like those hitting PNC, Key, U.S. Bank this week". The Plain Dealer.
- Coventry, Andrea. "An Interview with Dr. Eric Vanderburg". Considered Bookshelf. Retrieved 4 November 2014.
- our expert – Eric Vanderburg, eforensicsmag.org
- Jackson, Curtis (February 28, 2011). "Corporate espionage on the rise in Northeast Ohio". NewsNet 5 Cleveland. Archived from the original on 2014-06-09.
- "The Sound of Ideas: Cyber Security and Your Information". NPR. November 5, 2013. Archived from the original on 2014-12-22.
- "Information Security Summit 2012 Conference Agenda" (PDF). Information Security Summit. Retrieved 27 October 2014.
- "Membership News". The Union Club Newsletter: 4. May 2013.
- "Information Security Summit 2014 Fall Agenda" (PDF). 12th annual Information Security Summit. Retrieved 30 October 2014.
- "Jumpstart - Cyber Security: Can your company afford to breach?". Jumpstart Network. Retrieved 28 October 2014.
- "Effectively gathering facts following a data breach". Outlook Series. Constituent Works. January 15, 2013.
- Khan, Sheheryar (21 July 2017). "How to Become a Cyber Security Expert?". Pure VPN. Retrieved 3 August 2017.
- Cocking, Simon (19 August 2016). "Cybersecurity is a global challenge, data security insights with Eric Vanderburg". Irish Tech News. Retrieved 3 August 2017.
- "How to get DevOps right - JAX DevOps". JAX DevOps. 17 March 2017. Retrieved 3 August 2017.
- "The first-aid DevOps toolkit: What does it contain? - JAXenter". JAXenter. 4 April 2017. Retrieved 3 August 2017.
- "Should containers be part of the DevOps genome? - JAXenter". JAXenter. 10 April 2017. Retrieved 3 August 2017.
- "It's a cultural movement, it's a magic bullet, it's a catalyst. It's DevOps - JAXenter". JAXenter. 27 March 2017. Retrieved 3 August 2017.
- "About Us - Independent Systems Consulting". Independent Systems Consulting. Retrieved 27 October 2014.
- Worrell, Curt (October 5, 2014). "CLP 024 – Eric Vanderburg: Cybersecurity – Protect Your Lifestyle Business". Confessions of a Lifestyle Preneur. Archived from the original on October 22, 2014.
- "JurInnov Rated a Top-Twenty Electronic Discovery Service Provider in 2007 Socha-Gelbmann Survey". Socha Consulting LLC. Socha Consulting LLC. Retrieved 17 October 2014.
- "JurInnov Ltd. Honored As The 2010 Ringtail Partner Consultants Of The Year". The Street. 2011-03-17. Retrieved 17 October 2014.
- "Inc Profile - JURINNOV". Inc. Inc. Retrieved 17 October 2014.
- "JurInnov Increases Document Review Efficiency". PRWeb. ocus PRW Holdings, LLC. Retrieved 28 October 2014.
- "Our Team". TechMin. Retrieved 3 August 2017.
- "Hitachi Announces New Line-Up of Advanced NAS Services". Hitachi Data Systems. HDS. March 4, 2008. Archived from the original on 2014-11-07.
- Raffo, Dave (March 4, 2008). "Hitachi turns its attention to file services, discovery". Tech Target. Search Storage.
- "Hitachi advanced NAS services". Data Storage Connection. Jameson Publishing. March 17, 2008.
- Koblentz, Evan (June 17, 2011). "JurInnov Adding Lower-Cost E-Discovery Wares". Law Technology News. ALM Media Properties.
- "E-Discovery Software Provider Venio Systems Announces New Partnership with JurInnov". Venio Systems. Venio Systems.
- C4Polymers, Inc., v. Huntington National Bank, ET AL, 993 N.E.2d (Ohio Com. Pleas March 14, 2014).
- Gorilla Store LTD, ET AL v. Michael Thompson, 993 N.E.2d (Ohio Com. Pleas November 11, 2014).
- Invista North America S.À R.L., and Auriga Polymers, Inc., v. M&G Corporation and M&G Polymers USA, LLC, 75 A. (D. Del. February 19, 2013).
- Slapikas v. First American Title Insurance Company, 75 A.2d (W.D. Pa. June 25, 2008).
- Frank Gates Managed Care Services v. Ohio Bureau of Workers’ Compensation, 993 N.E.2d (Ohio Com. Pleas August 17, 2012).
- "Eric Vanderburg at Lorain County Community College". LeadFerret. Retrieved 14 October 2014.
- "LCCC Faculty Staff Directory - V". Lorain County Community College. Archived from the original on 19 November 2007. Retrieved 19 January 2008.
- "Implementing a Best Practice Risk Assessment Methodology". GRIN. GRIN Publishing. May 22, 2013.
- "Packet Analysis with Wireshark and PCAP analysis tools (W1)". http://eforensicsmag.com. eForensics Magazine. Retrieved 24 October 2014. External link in
- "Cuyahoga Community College Workforce and Economic Development Division". tri-c.edu. Archived from the original on 23 July 2013. Retrieved 13 August 2013.
- "Author CIO Eric Vanderburg". www.cio.com. Retrieved 22 June 2014.
- "Meet our Expert - Eric Vanderburg". eforensicsmag.com. Retrieved 22 June 2014.
- "When to call for help after a data breach". Network World. IDG Communications, Inc. January 10, 2013.
- "Stories by Eric Vanderburg, director of information systems and security at JurInnov". Computer World. Computer World. Retrieved 27 October 2014.
- "Four keys to successful BYOD". Networks Asia. Questex Media Group. February 16, 2012.
- "Eric Vanderburg, Author at Certification Magazine". Certification Magazine. Vallejo Media Group.
- Chapin, Rick (October 17, 2008). CCNA v2.0 Review: Critical Concepts of the 640-802 CCNA Exam. Global Knowledge.
- "Fail Secure – The right way to fail". PC Security World. PC Security World. February 18, 2013.
- "Eric Vanderburg - Author at CSO Magazine". CSO Magazine. CSO Magazine. Retrieved 2 September 2014.
- "Eric Vanderburg, CISSP, and director of Information Systems and Security at consultancy JurInnov - Author - ARN". ARN. IDG Communications.
- "Eric Vanderburg - Author - Techworld". TechWorld. Tech World.
- "Articles from Eric Vanderburg, CISSP,, director of Information Systems, Security at consultancy JurInnov". McGladrey Technology News Brief. McGladrey. Archived from the original on 7 November 2014. Retrieved 7 November 2014.
- "10 Must-Follow InfoSec Bloggers 2015". Thycotic. 12 November 2015. Retrieved 3 August 2017.
- "The Top 20 Cloud Security Blogs of 2015". Skyhigh. 21 December 2015. Retrieved 3 August 2017.