Erika Radermacher (born 16 April 1936) is a German pianist, soprano and composer.
Erika Radermacher was born in Eschweiler, near Aachen. She studied music with Else Schmitz-Gohr in Cologne, Bruno Seidlhofer in Vienna and voice with Sylvia Gähwiller in Zurich. After completing her studies, she performed as a soloist and chamber musician in Europe.
Radermaker married Urs Peter Schneider and settled in Bern and Biel, where she taught at the Conservatory of Music in Bern and sang as a soprano with the Ensemble Neue Horizonte Bern. After 1970 she became more interested in composition.
Honors and awards
- Two prizes, BAT competition for new chamber music, 1982
- Music Prize of the Canton of Bern, 1983 (with Schneider)
- Prize of the German Culture Industry Group
- First Prize in the Summer Academy in Salzburg
- Beethoven Competition prize in Vienna
- Mozart Prize in Dortmund
- 1963 Austrian State Prize, 1963
Radermaker's work has been recorded and issued on CD, including:
- Robert Walser in der Schweizer Musik (Musiques Suisses Nr. 6231, 2005) Artists: Schneider, Urs Peter; Rader, Erika
- Historic Recordings 1968-1998, New Horizons Ensemble (music scene in Switzerland - Grammont Portrait No. CTS-M 76, 2002) Artists:
Ensemble Neue Horizonte Bern
- Urs Peter Schneider (Edition Wandelweiser Records No. 101, 2001) Artists: Schneider, Urs Peter; Rader, Erika
- Im Innern das Zitat, Improvisationen (Deputy / asm / Records Unit No. 012 / UTR4132, 2000) Artists: Rader, Erika; Weber, Katharina