Erskine College, Wellington
Erskine College building, Wellington
|Architectural style||French Gothic and Edwardian collegiate architecture|
|Location||Corner Avon Street and Melbourne Road, Island Bay, Wellington, New Zealand|
|Design and construction|
|Architect||John Sydney Swan|
Erskine College is a collection of historic buildings and landscapes (including the Chapel of the Sacred Heart and Main Block Convent) in Wellington, New Zealand.
The name was changed to Erskine College in the late 1960s to avoid confusion with Sacred Heart College, Lower Hutt; being named after Mother Janet Erskine Stuart, the fifth Superior General of the Society of the Sacred Heart.
- Erskine College chapel will finally be strengthened
- Erskine College's Chapel of the Sacred Heart on Wellington City Councils Heritage List
- Erskine College Chapel, plan by John Swan
- Erskine College's main block on Wellington City Councils Heritage List
- video about Erskine College on YouTube
- Erskine College Conservation Plan 2015
|This article about a New Zealand building or structure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|