Sacred Heart College, Lower Hutt
|Sacred Heart College|
|65 Laings Road,
|Type||State integrated Girls' Secondary, Years 9–13|
|Established||1912; 106 years ago|
|Ministry of Education Institution no.||262|
|School roll||797 (July 2017)|
It was established in 1912 by the Sisters of Our Lady of the Missions and was the first secondary school to be opened in the Hutt Valley. It was originally sited in high street on the property known as Margaret street. In 1957 the school was shifted to the existing site on Laings Road. In May 1980 it became the first Catholic secondary school to be integrated under the Private Schools Conditional Integration Act 1975. The school has six house groups: Lisieux (Pink), Avila (Red), Aubert (Green), Lourdes (Light Blue), Barbier (Dark Blue) and Siena (Yellow).
- "History of Sacred Heart College". Retrieved 20 December 2008.
- "Principal's Welcome". Retrieved 21 November 2015.
- "Directory of Schools - as at 2 August 2017". New Zealand Ministry of Education. Retrieved 2 August 2017.
- "Decile Change 2014 to 2015 for State & State Integrated Schools". Ministry of Education. Retrieved 12 February 2015.
- Clayton, Ralph (12 September 1957). "All Mod. Cons. for New College". Zealandia. Auckland. p. 10.
|This New Zealand school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|