Ervin Schiffer (born 1932, Balassagyarmat, Hungary, died July 2014, Antwerp, Belgium)  was a Hungarian born violist and pedagogue. He has played as a part of the Haydn Quartet and the Tahor Quartet. He also played viola in the Dekany Quartet, the predecessor-group to the Haydn Quartet.
As a teacher he was very influential, teaching amongst others at the Amsterdam Conservatory and La Chapelle Royale (Brussels). Many if not all of these institutions' current staff were at some point formed by Mr. Schiffer. He and his wife, violinist Katy Sebestyen were co-founders and the artistic heart of the Cours International de Musique (Morges, Switzerland).
- "Dutch Viola Society: Ervin Schiffer Overleden". Retrieved 10 April 2017.
- "MusicSack". Retrieved 23 June 2013.
- "Concierto de piano y de un cuarteto de cuerda en el auditorio Santa Ana". Hoy (in Spanish). 4 March 2008. Retrieved 21 November 2010.
- "El cuarteto Tahor inicia el ciclo ´Gent d´ací´ del Auditori de Castelló". Diariocritico (in Spanish). 14 October 2010. Retrieved 21 November 2010.
- "Library of Congress Authorities for Dekany Quartet". Retrieved 23 June 2013.