Estadio Adolfo López Mateos
|Location||Carretera Federal 40
(Blvd. Miguel Hidalgo)
Reynosa, Tamaulipas, Mexico
|Opened||6 April 1963|
|Broncos de Reynosa (LMB) 1963–1976, 1980–1982, 1995–2003, 2009–present
Tigres B (LdeA) 2007–2008
Zorros de Reynosa (SDM) 2008–present
Estadio Adolfo López Mateos is a stadium in Reynosa, Mexico. It is primarily used for baseball and serves as the home stadium for the Broncos de Reynosa. From 2007 to 2008 the stadium served as an association football venue for the Tigres B team that later moved to San Nicolás de los Garza in the greater Monterrey area. From 2008 on it has been home to the Zorros de Reynosa football club that currently plays in the Segunda División de México. The stadium has a capacity of 7,000 people. It was named after Adolfo López Mateos who served as President of Mexico from 1958 to 1964.
On 12 July 2010 a game between the Broncos and the Monterrey Sultans at Estadio Adolfo López Mateos had to be suspended due to gunfire, possibly in relation to the Mexican Drug War. The game was resecheduled and moved to Monterrey.
- "World Stadiums - Stadiums in Mexico :: Northern Mexico". Retrieved 2011-06-23.
- "BIENVENIDO AL SITIO OFICIAL DE LOS BRONCOS DE REYNOSA 2011" (in Spanish). Retrieved 2011-06-21.
- "RGV Soccer/RGV Fútbol: Tigres B de Reynosa" (in Spanish). Retrieved 2011-07-05.
- "RGV Soccer/RGV Fútbol: Zorros de Reynosa" (in Spanish). Retrieved 2011-07-05.
- A typical game report from the era may be found at: "SEÑOR GOL: Primera División "A" Apertura 2007 Jornada 5 Tigres B Reynosa vs. U.A.T. (Domingo 2 de Septiembre 2007)" (in Spanish). 2 September 2007. Retrieved 2011-07-05.
- Tuck, Jim (9 October 2008). "Sexenios in a changing world: López Mateos and Díaz Ordáz". Retrieved 2011-06-25.
- "Mexican baseball league game suspended amid gunfire". BBC. July 12, 2010. Retrieved 2011-06-22.
|This article about a sports venue in Mexico is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a baseball venue is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|