This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (February 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|No. 5, 15, 80|
March 18, 1976|
|Height:||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|Weight:||183 lb (83 kg)|
|High school:||Pittsburgh (PA) Shady Side Academy|
|NFL Draft:||1999 / Round: 5 / Pick: 164|
|Career NFL statistics|
|Player stats at PFR|
Eugene Keith Baker (born March 18, 1976) is a former American football wide receiver who was drafted from Kent State University in the 1999 NFL Draft by the Atlanta Falcons. He spent four seasons with the Falcons on their active roster and practice squad. He also spent time on the practice squads of the Buffalo Bills and the St. Louis Rams before signing with the Carolina Panthers in 2003. He was in the New England Patriots preseason training camp last year, but was released before the regular season. Eugene was also allocated to play in NFL Europe, playing wide receiver for the Berlin Thunder.
Baker is listed at 6 ft 1 in. and 167 pounds.
Eugene Baker is an alumnus of Shady Side Academy, an independent private K-12 school in Pittsburgh. At Shady Side Academy, he lettered four times in football and three times in both baseball and basketball.
The Pittsburgh Steelers signed Baker to a one-year deal on April 6, 2006, but was released on August 14 of that year.
On February 17, 2010, he was welcomed back to Kent State University as an assistant coach under head coach Doug Martin.
- Steelers release '06 schedule; sign wideout
- 10 things....Eugene Baker
- Argonauts.ca bio
- DatabaseFootball.com stats
- http://www.ciflfootball.com/ciflwebsite/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=354:wildcats-sign-eugene-baker&catid=21:team-news&Itemid=53 Archived 2012-05-25 at the Wayback Machine.
- "Eugene Baker Added To Football Staff". www.kentstatesports.com. Kent State University. Archived from the original on June 26, 2012. Retrieved June 6, 2012.
|This biographical article relating to an American football wide receiver born in the 1970s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|