|Born||April 28, 1944|
|Criminal charge||Assault, perverting the course of justice|
|Criminal penalty||12 years' imprisonment|
|Conviction(s)||Assault, perverting the course of justice|
Eunice Spry (born 28 April 1944) is a British woman from Tewkesbury in Gloucestershire, a Jehovah's Witness who was convicted of 26 charges of child abuse against children in her foster care in April 2007. She was sentenced to 14 years' imprisonment and ordered to pay £80,000 costs. In sentencing, the judge told Spry that it was the "worst case in his 40 years practising law".
The foster mother forced three children in her care (two foster, one adopted) to eat their own excrement and vomit, rammed sticks down the children’s throats, rubbed their skin with sandpaper and locked two of them naked in a room for a month. Two of her foster children and her adopted daughter have published books about their childhoods. Her oldest foster son, Christopher Spry, nicknamed 'Child C', published a book of the same name about his childhood living with Eunice Spry. Her foster daughter, Alloma Gilbert, published Deliver Me From Evil. Victoria Spry published Tortured in April 2015.
Spry also had two other children in her care at this time, one adopted daughter and one adopted son (younger brother of Christopher), but these children did not experience any abuse such as the aforementioned three did.
- "Foster mother jailed for 'horrifying' cruelty and sadism". Daily Mail. London. 19 April 2007.
- "'Sadistic' foster mother jailed". BBC News. 19 April 2007. Retrieved 2007-04-19.
- Spry, Christopher (2008). Child C: Surviving a Foster Mother's Reign of Terror. Simon & Schuster. ISBN 1847391893.
- Gilbert, Alloma (2008). Deliver Me From Evil: A Sadistic Foster Mother, A Childhood Torn Apart. Pan. ISBN 0330457314.
- Spry, Victoria (2015). Tortured: Abused and neglected by Britain's most sadistic mum. This is my story of survival. Ebury Press. ISBN 0091960355.
- "Eunice Spry Has Sentence Reduced". Gloucestershire Constabulary. Archived from the original on 3 April 2015. Retrieved 19 September 2016.
- "Abusive Tewkesbury mother Eunice Spry to be released in weeks – and housed near the daughter she tortured". Gloucestershire Echo. 30 May 2014. Retrieved 19 September 2016.
|This biographical article related to crime is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|