|Born||April 28, 1944|
|Criminal status||Released June 2014 after serving only 7 years and two months of her sentence|
|Conviction(s)||Assault, perverting the course of justice|
|Criminal charge||Assault, perverting the course of justice|
|Penalty||14 years' imprisonment|
|Date||1986 – 2005|
Eunice Spry (born 28 April 1944) is a British woman from Tewkesbury in Gloucestershire, a Jehovah's Witness who was convicted of 26 charges of child abuse against children in her foster care in April 2007. She was sentenced to 14 years' imprisonment and ordered to pay £80,000 costs. In sentencing, the judge told Spry that it was the "worst case in his 40 years practising law".
The foster mother forced three children in her care (two foster, one adopted) to eat their own excrement and vomit, rammed sticks down the children's throats, rubbed their faces with sandpaper and locked two of them naked in a room for a month. Two of her foster children and her adopted daughter have published books about their childhoods. Her oldest foster son, Christopher Spry, nicknamed 'Child C', published a book of the same name about his childhood living with Eunice Spry. Her foster daughter, Alloma Gilbert, published Deliver Me From Evil. Victoria Spry published Tortured in April 2015.
Spry also had two other children in her care at this time, one adopted daughter and one adopted son (younger brother of Christopher), but these children did not experience any abuse such as the aforementioned three did.
- Davis, Carol Anne (July 14, 2016). "The Foster Mother: Eunice Spry". Masking Evil: When Good Men and Women Turn Criminal. Chichester: Summersdale Publishers Limited. ISBN 978-1-78372-889-3.
- Morris, Steven (1 October 2020). "Victoria Spry: woman who was tortured by 'sadistic' foster mother dies". The Guardian. Retrieved 2 October 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "'Sadistic' foster mother jailed". BBC News. 19 April 2007. Retrieved 2007-04-19. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Spry, Christopher (2008). Child C: Surviving a Foster Mother's Reign of Terror. Simon & Schuster. ISBN 978-1847391896.
- Gilbert, Alloma (2008). Deliver Me From Evil: A Sadistic Foster Mother, A Childhood Torn Apart. Pan. ISBN 978-0330457316.
- Spry, Victoria (2015). Tortured: Abused and neglected by Britain's most sadistic mum. This is my story of survival. Ebury Press. ISBN 978-0091960353.
- "Eunice Spry Has Sentence Reduced". Gloucestershire Constabulary. Archived from the original on 3 April 2015. Retrieved 19 September 2016. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Coles, Jonathan; O'Neill, Kara (2020-10-17). "Britain's most sadistic mother 'drove our sister to take her own life'". mirror. Retrieved 2020-10-21.