European Information Technologies Certification Institute
|Type||Qualifications standardization and certification body|
|Legal status||Non-profit organization|
|Purpose||Combating digital exclusion|
|EITCI General Assembly|
The European Information Technologies Certification Institute (EITCI) is an international non-profit organisation headquartered in Brussels, Belgium, aimed primarily towards promotion of digital literacy and prevention of digital exclusion, by providing high quality standards for the certification of knowledge and skills in the area of information and communication technologies, in accordance to the European Commission's guidelines.
Knowledge and skills certification standards
- European Information Technologies Certification (EITC) programme - provides certification of individuals' knowledge and skills in narrow, specialized single-subject areas of ICT such as Office software, Computer-aided project management, Online collaboration systems, Raster graphics processing.
- European Information Technologies Certification Academy (EITCA) programme - provides certification of individuals' knowledge and skills in broader field-oriented areas of ICT expertise such as Computer graphics, Information security etc. The EITCA programmes, referred to as EITCA Academies, include selected sets of several to over a dozen of individual EITC programmes, that together comprise a particular area of qualifications.
- EITCA programme
- EITC programme
- Digital divide
- Information society
- Computer literacy
- Distance education
- Digital Agenda for Europe
- Paraskakis, Iraklis; Hatziapostolou, Thanos (2014). The Elevate Framework for Assessment and Certification Design for Vocational Training in European ICT SMEs (PDF). 6th International Conference on Computer Supported Education (CSEDU 2014).
- "General profile". European Information Technologies Certification Institute (EITCI).
- "ICT training/education and certification". Digital Agenda for Europe, ICT 2013. European Commission.
- Goetzen, P.; Chmielecki, M.; Hernes, M. (2012). "Egovernment in Poland - Research on Polish Policies and Practices". Journal of Applied Computer Science Methods. 4 (2): 5–20. doi:10.2478/jacsm.
- "Certification programmes". European Information Technologies Certification Institute (EITCI). Archived from the original on 2015-07-04. Retrieved 2015-07-02.