The FEBS Journal
|Edited by||Seamus Martin|
|Biochemische Zeitschrift, European Journal of Biochemistry|
The FEBS Journal is a biweekly peer-reviewed scientific journal published by John Wiley & Sons on behalf of the Federation of European Biochemical Societies. It covers research on all aspects of biochemistry, molecular biology, cell biology, and the molecular bases of disease. The editor-in-chief is Seamus Martin (Trinity College Dublin), who took over from Richard Perham (University of Cambridge) in 2014.
Content is available for free 1 year after publication, except reviews which are available immediately. The journal also publishes special and virtual issues focusing on a specific theme.
The journal gives a yearly award - "The FEBS Journal Richard Perham Prize for Young Scientists" to a young scientist publishing "the best research article" in the journal. The winner gets a €1,000 cash prize and is invited to give a talk at the Annual Federation of European Biochemical Societies meeting. The journal also gives more frequent poster prize awards at conferences.
The journal was established in 1906 by Carl Neuberg, who also served as the first editor-in-chief. Its original name was Biochemische Zeitschrift. It was renamed to European Journal of Biochemistry in 1967, before obtaining its current name in 2005.
Abstracting and indexing
The journal is abstracted and indexed in:
- Academic Search Elite
- Biological Abstracts
- BIOSIS Previews
- CAB Abstracts databases
- Chemical Abstracts Service
- CSA databases
- Current Contents/Life Sciences
- Embase/Excerpta Medica
- Food Science & Technology Abstracts
- Index Medicus/MEDLINE/PubMed
- International Nuclear Information System
- ProQuest databases
- Science Citation Index
- VINITI Database RAS
- "Biological Abstracts - Journal List". Intellectual Property & Science. Clarivate Analytics. Retrieved 2018-06-28.
- "Master Journal List". Intellectual Property & Science. Clarivate Analytics. Retrieved 2018-06-28.
- "Serials cited". CAB Abstracts. CABI. Retrieved 2018-06-28.
- "CAS Source Index". Chemical Abstracts Service. American Chemical Society. Retrieved 2018-06-28.
- "Embase Coverage". Embase. Elsevier. Retrieved 2018-06-28.
- "The FEBS Journal". NLM Catalog. National Center for Biotechnology Information. Retrieved 2018-06-28.
- "Source details: FEBS Journal". Scopus preview. Elsevier. Retrieved 2018-06-28.
- "FEBS Journal". 2017 Journal Citation Reports. Web of Science (Science ed.). Clarivate Analytics. 2018.