|Origin||Silverlake, California, USA|
|Genres||Power pop, Rock|
Garage Rock Steady RecordsThe Militia Group
|Members||Carrick Moore Gerety
Austin James Williams III
|Past members||Mikey McCormack
Everybody Else is an American rock band from Silverlake, California.
Everybody Else was formed by Carrick Moore Gerety and Mikey McCormack after both moved to the Los Angeles area. Both had relocated with bands, hoping to win fame on the West Coast; Moore Gerety had been in a group called Push Kings, a local band from Boston, and McCormack had been in Waking Hours. Then, Moore Gerety and McCormack began working together, adding bassist Austin Williams after he moved to the area from Fresno. They began playing as Everybody Else locally in 2002; the name is taken from a song by The Kinks, "I'm Not Like Everybody Else". They self-released a single and an EP, and signed to The Militia Group soon after. Rick Parker produced their debut self-titled album, recorded at Sandbox Recording Studios, which was released in April 2007. On March 30, 2007, they were named SPIN Band of the Day. In May 2007 the band toured with Over It, The Higher, and Self Against City. In 2008, the band played at select cities on Hanson's Walk Around the World Tour. "1½," an acoustic version of their debut album, was released on April 1, 2008 on The Militia Group.
On Dec 20, 2010, the band announced via e-mail to their subscribers that Mikey McCormack would no longer be a part of the band. Mikey had decided to go back to school and "focus all his energy on that".
Their upcoming independent album "Wanderlust" will be released digitally on June 17, 2011 and on iTunes on July 26, 2011.
- Carrick Moore Gerety - Guitar, Vocals
- Austin James Williams III - Bass, Vocals
- Demo EP (2003)
- Everybody Else (The Militia Group, April 3, 2007)
3. I Gotta Run
4. In Memoriam
5. Born To Do
6.Rich Girls Poor Girls
8. Without You
9. Say Goodbye
10.The Longest Hour of My Life
11.Button for Punishment
12. Alone in the World
- 1 ½ (The Militia Group, April 1, 2008)
- Gold Noise EP (The Militia Group, October 7, 2008)
- First Class EP (The Militia Group, January 20, 2010)
- Wanderlust LP (Independent, 2011)
1.Out All Night
3.Soldiers Without An Army
11.Tomorrow We're Gone
- Everybody Else at Allmusic
- Don't Fear the Melody of Everybody Else. WCWJ (Jacksonville, Florida). Accessed February 18, 2008.
- Review of Everybody Else. Absolute Punk. Accessed February 18, 2008.
- Review of Everybody Else. Decapolis. Accessed February 18, 2008.
- Review of Everybody Else. Audio Junkies. Accessed February 18, 2008.
- Band of the Day: Everybody Else. SPIN, March 30, 2007. Accessed February 18, 2008.
- Being Everybody Else. The Daily Titan, May 3, 2007. Accessed February 18, 2008.
- Hanson.net - News Archive
- Militia Group listing