|Original author(s)||Matt Wu|
|Initial release||January 26, 2002|
0.69  / November 2, 2017
|Operating system||Microsoft Windows|
|Available in||English, Simplified Chinese|
|Type||Installable File System|
|License||GNU GPL v2|
Ext2Fsd (short for Ext2 File System Driver) is a free Installable File System driver written in C for the Microsoft Windows operating system family. It facilitates read and write access to the ext2, ext3 and ext4 file systems.
The driver can be installed on Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2. Support for Windows NT was dropped in version 0.30.
The program Ext2Mgr can optionally be installed additionally to manage drive letters and such.
- flexible inode size: > 128 bytes, up to block size
- dir_index: htree directory index
- filetype: extra file mode in dentry
- large_file: > 4G files supported
- sparse_super: super block backup in group descriptor
- uninit_bg: fast fsck and group checksum
- extent: full support with extending and shrinking.
- journal: only support replay for internal journal
- flex_bg: first flexible metadata group
- symlink and hardlink
- Mount-as-user: specified uid/gid supported
Unsupported Ext3/4 features
- journal: log-based operations, external journal
- Extended file attributes (EA), Access control list (ACL) support
Features to be implemented in future
- Extents management improvement
- EA and ACL security checking
- "Ext2Fsd 0.69 released !". 2018-01-13.
- "Ext2Fsd: EXT3/EXT4 Support Now Works On Windows 8". 2014-06-19.
- "Ext2fsd". 2009-07-27.