Swash is a small home appliance marketed by the Whirlpool Corporation. It was first launched in September 2005 as the Whirlpool Fabric Freshener. The product is a steamer/dryer that through a patented technology uses distilled water to remove odors and wrinkles from garments and proposes saving money by reducing the number of required trips to the dry cleaners.
In its January 2006 issue, Good Housekeeping honored The Fabric Refresher with its prestigious "Good Buy" award. The award recognizes ground-breaking technology and innovation that makes people's lives easier.
In 2014 the Fabric Freshener was transferred from the Whirlpool line to its own brand named "Swash".
- Ozler, Levent. Whirlpool Fabric Freshener Receives IDEA, dexigner.com, July 5, 2005
- The 11th annual good buy awards! Roll out the red carpet for these eight smart inventions--each designed to make your life easier, Good Housekeeping, January 2006.
- The Benefits of Steam Cleaning Your Clothes!, The Washington Post , April 2006.
- The Home of The Future, CBS News , January 2005.
- Fresh Clothes, The Wall Street Journal, January 28, 2005.