Faculdade de Ciências e Tecnologia da Universidade Nova de Lisboa
||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (October 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|This article needs additional or better citations for verification. (October 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Faculdade de Ciências e Tecnologia da Universidade Nova de Lisboa|
|Motto||Omnis Civitas Contra Se Divisa Non Stabit|
Motto in English
|Any city divided against itself will not last|
|Location||Monte de Caparica, Portugal
|Campus||Suburban, 15 ha|
FCT pioneered in offering the first strictly computer science degree in Portugal  and is still one of the best in this and other fields of the so-called "new engineerings".
The Director is Fernando Santana.
The mascot is Estrôncia the Duck.
This faculty is divided in several departments, each one responsible for teaching the classes relative to its specific area. The majority of classes are meant for the degrees supplied by the department, but there are a few classes that are common to all degrees (for instance math classes) which are taught to all students.
- Environmental Sciences and Engineering Department (DCEA)
- Materials Sciences Department (DCM)
- Mechanical and Industrial Engineering Department (DEMI)
- Physics Department (DF)
- Computer Science Department (DI)
- Mathematics Department (DM)
- Chemistry Department (DQ)
- Earth Sciences Department (DCT)
- Biological Sciences Department (DCV)
- Electrical Engineering Department (DEE)
- Civil Engineering Department (DEC)
- Applied Social Sciences Department (DCSA)
- Restoration and Conservation Department (DCR)
- Hydrosphere Ecology Group (GDEH)
PhD Programms available
Environment Technology Assessment Bioengineering Biology Biochemistry Biotechnology Science and Engineering of Materials Science Education Conservation of Heritage Energy and Bioenergy Biomedical Engineering Civil engineering Engineering, Refining, Petrochemical and Chemical Membrane Engineering (Erasmus Mundus) Electrical and Computer Engineering Engineering Physics Geological Engineering Industrial engineering Mechanical Engineering Chemical and Biochemical Engineering Statistics and Risk Management Physics Geology History, Philosophy and Heritage of Science and Technology Computers Mathematics Digital Media Nanotechnologies and Nanosciences Food Quality Chemistry Sustainable Chemistry
- Assessoria Jurídica
- Assessoria de Planeamento
- Divisão de Recursos Financeiros
- Divisão de Recursos Humanos
- Divisão Académica
- Divisão de Logística e Conservação
- Centro de Informática
- Centro de Apoio ao Aluno
- Gabinete dos Antigos Alunos
- Centro de Imagem Imprensa e Difusão da Informação
- Centro de Documentação e Biblioteca
- Centro de Formação
- Gabinete de Segurança, Higiene e Saúde no Trabalho
- Gabinete das Actividades Culturais e Desportivas
- Gabinete de Relações Internacionais
Notable Professors and Students
People who have been awarded a degree by the FCT- Nova University of Lisbon or otherwise have attended or lectured in this university, include:
- António Câmara, professor and entrepreneur.
- Carmona Rodrigues, professor, engineer, and politician.
- Miguel Telles Antunes, palaeontologist.
- Miguel Vale de Almeida, anthropologist, LGBT activist, and professor.
- Octávio Mateus, paleontologist and biologist.
- The Licenciatura em Engenharia Informática (on computer science) started in 1975 in temporary installations before the founding of FCT itself.