This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
|Faculdade de Ciências e Tecnologia da Universidade NOVA de Lisboa|
|NOVA University Lisbon|
|Dean||José Júlio Alferes|
|Campus||Suburban, 15 ha|
FCT pioneered in offering the first strictly computer science degree in Portugal.
This faculty is divided in several departments, each one responsible for teaching the classes relative to its specific area.
The majority of classes are meant for the degrees supplied by the department, but there are a few classes that are common to all degrees (for instance math classes) which are taught to all students.
Notable Professors and Students
People who have been awarded a degree by the NOVA School of Science and Technology or otherwise have attended or lectured in this institution, include:
- Elvira Fortunato, professor, physicist, engineer, and minister.
- António Câmara, professor, and entrepreneur.
- Carmona Rodrigues, professor, engineer, and politician.
- Miguel Telles Antunes, paleontologist.
- Octávio Mateus, paleontologist, and biologist.
- The Licenciatura em Engenharia Informática (on computer science) started in 1975 in temporary installations before the founding of FCT itself.