|Motto||Believe and Achieve|
|Headteacher||Phill Quirk !|
|DfE URN||105735 Tables|
Failsworth School is a mixed gender secondary school admitting children between 11–16-year of age. The school is located in Failsworth, within the Metropolitan Borough of Oldham in Greater Manchester.
Failsworth is a fully inclusive, popular and oversubscribed school in Failsworth, Greater Manchester. The school is housed in a state of the art learning environment that was opened in February 2008.
For the last five years the school has had record breaking exam results and this has placed Failsworth School in the top one hundred most improved schools in the country.
The new school was opened on 25 February 2008, 22 months after the building commenced and at a cost of £28 million. In June 2008, the Lower School was put up for sale to the highest bidder, with all offers having to be submitted by 1 August 2008. The old School buildings have been demolished and it is unknown what the old Lower School site will become.
Since the "New School Building" was opened in 2008 the school has continued to progress.
David Johnson Headteacher retired in December 2009 after 19 years of headship .Mr John Meagher took over as headteacher in January 2010. Mr Meagher was previously Deputy Headteacher at Walkden school Salford.His mission at Failsworth is to lead the school to even greater success and he sees the school's number one aim as "preparing tomorrow's citizens today" .
Notable former pupils
- Nathan Eccleston – Footballer, Blackpool F.C.
- James Mudriczki – Singer, Puressence
- Tony Szuminski – Musician, Puressence
- Darren Wharton – Musician
- Sharon Mosoph – Murdered victim of notorious serial killer, Trevor Hardy, known as the 'Beast of Manchester'.
- Ronnie Wallwork Footballer Ex-Manchester United Football Player
- James Tarkowski – Current Burnley FC Player
- Bradley Seal - British Speedway Rider
- "Welcome to Failsworth School". Retrieved 2 November 2008.[dead link]