Fairies Wear Boots
|"Fairies Wear Boots"|
|Single by Black Sabbath|
|from the album Paranoid|
18 September 1970 (Album)1971 (Single)
Vertigo (Album)Warner Bros. (Single)
|Writer(s)||Iommi, Osbourne, Butler, Ward|
|Black Sabbath singles chronology|
However, in the 2004 release of Black Box: The Complete Original Black Sabbath (1970–1978), Tony Iommi states the title was inspired from an incident when Geezer and Ozzy were smoking cannabis and saw fairies in boots running around a park,  and not from an attack by skinheads.
The song also appears on the band's first compilation album, We Sold Our Soul for Rock 'n' Roll.
- Chris Nickson (3 August 2002). Ozzy Knows Best: The Amazing Story of Ozzy Osbourne, from Heavy Metal Madness to Father of the Year on MTV's "The Osbournes". St. Martin's Press. p. 102. ISBN 978-1-4299-5452-5.
- Classic Albums - Paranoid, by Isis Productions/Eagle Rock Entertainment
- Black Sabbath Black Box Original Black Sabbath
- Black Box: The Complete Original Black Sabbath (1970-1978)
- As noted on the labels of early North American Warner Bros. Records pressings of Paranoid, (catalog no. WS 1887), released January 1971.