Fairies Wear Boots
|"Fairies Wear Boots"|
|Song by Black Sabbath|
|from the album Paranoid|
|Released||18 September 1970|
However, in the 2004 release of Black Box: The Complete Original Black Sabbath (1970–1978), Tony Iommi states the title was inspired from an incident when Geezer and Ozzy were smoking cannabis and saw fairies in boots running around a park, and not from an attack by skinheads. In Ozzy Osbourne's autobiography I Am Ozzy he stated he doesn't know what the song is about, but everybody told him he wrote the lyrics. Per an interview with the band on Axs tv's classic albums show, the show was about skinheads.
The song also appears on the band's first compilation album, We Sold Our Soul for Rock 'n' Roll.
- Chris Nickson (3 August 2002). Ozzy Knows Best: The Amazing Story of Ozzy Osbourne, from Heavy Metal Madness to Father of the Year on MTV's "The Osbournes". St. Martin's Press. p. 102. ISBN 978-1-4299-5452-5.
- Classic Albums - Paranoid, by Isis Productions/Eagle Rock Entertainment
- Black Sabbath Black Box Original Black Sabbath
- Black Box: The Complete Original Black Sabbath (1970-1978)
- As noted on the labels of early North American Warner Bros. Records pressings of Paranoid, (catalog no. WS 1887), released January 1971.