||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2011)|
|Born||3 August 1966|
Khan is the son of producer Tahir Hussain. His brother is Aamir Khan who is an actor and producer, and he has two sisters, Nikhat Khan who is a producer and Farhat Khan. His uncle Nasir Hussain was a producer and director. His nephew Imran Khan is an actor and his cousin Tariq Khan is a former actor of the 1970s.
Khan made a brief appearance in his uncle Nasir Hussain's 1969 film Pyar Ka Mausam playing Shashi Kapoor's role as a child at three years old. He made his adult film debut in 1988, playing a minor role as a villain in his brother Aamir's film Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak. He played another bit part in his brother's 1992 film Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar.
Khan got his first leading role in the 1994 film Madhosh which was produced by his father and directed by Vikram Bhatt. After a five-year hiatus, he made his comeback alongside his brother in Mela (2000). He appeared in several films that fared poorly at the box office. He also appeared in the TV serial Aandhi in 2003. He appeared in Chand Bujh Gaya in 2005.
In 2007, Khan was reported missing for two days. He had filed a report to the police several days earlier accusing his brother Aamir of keeping him confined in his home because he was mentally ill. He was eventually traced to Pune and brought back to Mumbai where he went through a medical examination. He was eventually diagnosed with a mental disorder, and his brother Aamir and his father were in a custody battle over Faisal that garnered much press coverage. Faisal's custody was awarded to his father, Tahir. In 2015 Faisal Khan has made his come back in Bollywood with movie Chinar Daastaan-E-Ishq. This film is directed by Sharique Minhaj & Produced by Rajesh R Jain under production house Shagun Films Private Limited. This film will release on 16 October 2015.
- Chinar Daastaan-E-Ishq (2015) .... Jamaal
- Chand Bujh Gaya (2005) .... Rahul Mehta
- Aandhi (2003) .... Siddharth (TV series)
- Basti (2003)
- Border Hindustan Ka (2003) .... Raj
- Kaaboo (2002) .... Raja
- Mela (2000) .... Shankar Shane
- Madhosh (1994) .... Suraj
- Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak (1988) .... Baba's Gang member
- Pyar Ka Mausam (1969) .... Young Sunder
- Tum Mere Ho (1990) (co-producer)
- Assistant Director
- Tum Mere Ho (1990) (assistant director)
- Indiantelevision.com Team (14 November 2003). "Faisal Khan to debut in 'Chausath Panne'". Mumbai: Indiantelevision.com. Retrieved 2011-07-27.
- "Aamir Khan's mentally ill brother goes missing". The Times of India.
- "Aamir's brother found". rediff.com.
- Khilnani, Rohit (5 November 2007). "Aamir and Faisal: fall out of two brothers". Mumbai: CNN-IBN. Retrieved 2011-07-27.