Faisal Khan (actor born 1966)
3 August 1966 |
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
|Years active||1988-2005, 2015-present|
|Relatives||Aamir khan (brother)
Nikhat Khan (sister)
Nasir Hussain (uncle)
Imran Khan (nephew from cousin )
Faisal Khan (born 3 August 1965) is a Bollywood actor.
Khan is the son of producer Tahir Hussain. His brother is Aamir Khan, who is an actor and producer, and he has two sisters, Nikhat Khan, who is a producer and Farhat Khan. His uncle Nasir Hussain was a producer and director. His nephew Imran Khan is an actor and his cousin Tariq Khan is a former actor of the 1970s and 1980s.
Khan made a brief appearance in his uncle Nasir Hussain's 1969 film Pyar Ka Mausam, playing Shashi Kapoor's role as a child at the age of three years. He made his adult film debut in 1988, playing a minor role as a villain in his brother Aamir's film Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak. He worked as an assistant director in his father's 1990 film Tum Mere Ho, which starred his brother Aamir in the lead.
Khan got his first leading role in the 1994 film Madhosh, which was produced by his father and directed by Vikram Bhatt. After a five-year hiatus, he made his comeback alongside his brother in Mela (2000). He appeared in several other films that fared poorly at the box office. He also appeared in the TV serial Aandhi in 2003. His last film was Chand Bujh Gaya in 2005. After a decade long hiatus, it was announced that he would be making his comeback and star in Chinar Daastaan-E-Ishq, a film produced by Rajesh Jain.
In 2007, Khan was reported missing for two days. He had filed a report to the police several days earlier accusing his brother Aamir of keeping him confined in his home because he was mentally ill. He was eventually traced to Pune and brought back to Mumbai where he went through a medical examination. He was eventually diagnosed with a mental disorder, and his brother Aamir and his father were in a custody battle over Faisal that garnered much press coverage. Faisal's custody was awarded to his father, Tahir.
- Kontract (2018)
- Danger (2017) (Unreleased)
- Chinar Daastaan-E-Ishq (2015) .... Jamaal
- Chand Bujh Gaya (2005) .... Rahul Mehta
- Aandhi (2003) .... Siddharth (TV series)
- Basti (2003) .... Satish Kulkarni
- Border Hindustan Ka (2003) .... Raj
- Dushmani .... (2002) (Unreleased)
- Kaaboo (2002) .... Raja
- Mela (2000) .... Shankar Shane
- Madhosh (1994) .... Suraj
- Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar (1992) .... College Student (Uncredited)
- Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak (1988) .... Member of Baba's gang
- Pyar Ka Mausam (1969) .... Young Sunder
- Tum Mere Ho (1990) (co-producer)
- Assistant director
- Tum Mere Ho (1990)
- Indiantelevision.com Team (14 November 2003). "Faisal Khan to debut in 'Chausath Panne'". Mumbai: Indiantelevision.com. Retrieved 2011-07-27.
- "Aamir Khan's brother Faisal Khan to make a comeback". The Times of India.
- "Aamir Khan's mentally ill brother goes missing". The Times of India.
- "Aamir's brother found". rediff.com.
- Khilnani, Rohit (5 November 2007). "Aamir and Faisal: fall out of two brothers". Mumbai: CNN-IBN. Retrieved 2011-07-27.