Falling (Trent Harmon song)
|Single by Trent Harmon|
|Released||April 6, 2016|
|Label||Big Machine Records, 19|
|Songwriter(s)||Keith Urban, Dallas Davidson, Brett James|
|Trent Harmon singles chronology|
"Falling" is the debut single by American Idol season fifteen winner Trent Harmon and is also his coronation song from the contest. It was co-written by singer songwriter and American Idol judge Keith Urban with Dallas Davidson and Brett James.
It was co-written by singer songwriter and American Idol judge Keith Urban with Dallas Davidson and Brett James. Urban originally had written the song for himself but was later asked by the producers if the song could be given to Harmon as his potential winner's single. Urban agreed to the suggestion and gave the single Harmon as his coronation song. The single was described as a "bluesy jam which allowed Harmon to show off his falsetto". Harmon first heard the song the day after making Idol's top three. The song was released for sale a day prior to the Grand Final performance night on April 7, 2016.
"Falling" debuted on the iTunes Top 100 chart at number 48 on April 6, 2016 a day ahead of the Grand Final performance show. After Harmon's debut performance of the song the next day, it climbed up the charts reaching the Top 15; however he was noticeably behind fellow finalist MacKenzie Bourg's single "Roses" which at the time was at number 5. The following day after Harmon was announced as the season fifteen winner of American Idol the single climbed further up the charts peaking at number 3.The single also peaked at number 1 on the iTunes Top 100 pop songs chart. The song also charted in Canada, New Zealand and Australia's iTunes's Top 100 chart. The song debuted at number 48 on the Billboard's Digital Songs chart and at 33 on the Country Singles chart. "Falling" also charted at 4 on the Country Digital Songs chart. The song sold 23,000 copies in its first chart week, based on just two days of sales. It sold a further 28,000 copies the following week, making a total of 52,000 sold.
|US Digital Songs (Billboard)||31|
|US Bubbling Under Hot 100 Singles (Billboard)||16|
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||27|
- Angermiller, Michele Amabile (7 April 2016). "'American Idol': Keith Urban Talks Trent Harmon's 'Amazing' Coronation Song". Billboard. Retrieved 8 April 2016.
- "ToC Critic's Pick: Trent Harmon, 'Falling' [Listen]". Taste of Country. 6 April 2016.
- Weigle, Lauren. "Trent Harmon, 'American Idol': 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know". Heavy.com.
- "MacKenzie Bourg's "Roses" Reached Top 5 on iTunes Sales Chart; Trent's "Falling" Now #4". Headline Planet.
- "iTunes International Charts". PopVortex.
- "iTunes Australia Top 100 Songs". PopVortex.
- "Trent Harmon - Chart history". Billboard.
- "McGraw Tops Hot Country Songs, Haggard's Sales Surge" (PDF). Billboard Country Update. April 11, 2016. p. 3.
- Bjorke, Matt (April 19, 2016). "Top 30 Digital Singles Report: April 20, 2016". Roughstock.
- "Trent Harmon Chart History (Digital Songs)". Billboard.
- "Trent Harmon Chart History (Bubbling Under Hot 100)". Billboard.
- "Trent Harmon Chart History (Hot Country Songs)". Billboard.