Faujdarhat is a neighborhood of Chittagong City in Bangladesh. It is well known as a ship breaking area. There are several institutions including Faujdarhat Cadet College, the first cadet college in Bangladesh.
In 1995, the Forest Department created a 5 square kilometres (1.9 sq mi) mangrove forest park that stretches from Faujdarhat to South Kattali in Chittagong. The area experienced a major oil spill when an oil-laden train derailed on 9 July 2014.
Ship breaking yard
The beach in the area is used to demolish ships. At 15 square kilometres (5.8 sq mi) in length, it is the longest ship breaking site in the world. Around 200,000 people work there and the industry contributes a lot to the Bangladesh economy.
- Faujdarhat Nursing College
- Chittagong Medical University
- "2 injured in Ctg rail engine derailment". Prothom Alo. Retrieved 11 April 2017.
- "Transformation makes Kattali tourism hotspot". The Daily Star. 23 November 2015. Retrieved 11 April 2017.
- "Oil-laden train derails in Ctg". The Daily Star. 10 July 2014. Retrieved 11 April 2017.
- "Faujdarhat Cadet College: Half a century of excellence". The Daily Star. 14 January 2010. Retrieved 11 April 2017.