Fausto Valdiviezo began as a journalist for several radio stations, and was in the decade of the 80s when he ventured into television as a reporter and news in the area and community. He worked for television networks Ecuavisa, Teleamazonas, SíTV (now Canal Uno), RTS and TC Televisión. Theirs was communication and was part of several means, the last Teleamazonas channel where he had worked and prepared to return to the TV in 2013.
Valdiviezo was killed from gunshot wounds as he was shot by a man while he was driving. He left a message with his lawyers before he was killed which named his potential enemy if he happened to be killed. The ex-wife of the journalist declared to the Attorney that two cartons appeared to contain documents on allegations that the communicator had, would have disappeared hours after the murder. 
Irina Bokova, UNESCO's director-general, condemned Fausto Valdiviezo Moscoso's murder
- El Universo, ed. (11 April 2013). "Falleció periodista Fausto Valdiviezo tras sufrir atentado". Retrieved 12 April 2013.
- "Fallecio periodista Fausto Valdiviezo gras sufrir atentado". http://www.eluniverso.com. 11 April 2013.
- "Mother of Fausto Valdiviezo provides new data to the attorney". Human Rights Ecuador. June 6, 2013. Retrieved 2013-06-13.
- "Consternacion pro la muerte del periodista Fausto Valdiviezo". http://www.telegrafo.com.ec. 2013.
- "Gerente de TC convocado por muerte de Fausto Valdiviezo". La hora. 2013-06-13.
- "Familia de Fausto Valdiviezo senala dudas en investigacion". http://www.eluniverso.com. 13 April 2015.
- UNESCO Press (April 19, 2013). "UNESCO Director-General calls for investigation into the murder of Ecuadorian journalist Fausto Valdiviezo Moscoso". UNESCO. Retrieved 2013-06-13.