Felicity Hannah Brown
28 February 1977
|Education||Glasgow School of Art and Royal College of Art|
Felicity Brown is an English-born artist and designer. She lives and works in London in the United Kingdom. Her website is www.felicitybrown.co.uk.
She studied Fine Art and Printed Textiles at the Glasgow School of Art, receiving a first class honors degree. From there she went on to the Royal College of Art in London, graduating in 2002 with an MA in Textiles.
After leaving college, she gained experience in the European fashion houses, and craft skills from working in India, before setting up her own designer label with her brother, Henry Brown.
The Felicity Brown label was officially launched in London in February 2010 and featured Felicity's signature dip-dyed silks, hand printing and artisan finishing.
At the beginning of 2011, Felicity became part of NEWGEN, a talent identification scheme developed by the British Fashion Council that helped new fashion businesses to develop. This enabled Felicity to show collections in London, Paris and New York.
In June 2012, model Erin O'Connor wore a unique dress by Felicity Brown at the Investec Derby.
Since 2013, Felicity Brown has been travelling on 'Fashion Journeys' throughout America and Europe. The concept involves taking a bag of fabric, meeting people, listening to their stories and making pieces for them in the moment. These journeys and stories have been documented through photography and are included on Felicity's website.
In 2015, Felicity Brown's 'Bird Dress' was included in The Fashion Project's exhibition at Bal Harbour Shops, Miami. The 'Bird Dress' was exhibited alongside pieces from Jean Cocteau, Elsa Schiaparelli, Léon Bakst and Hussein Chalayan.
- "Felicity Brown". Vogue Italia. 5 March 2010. Retrieved 25 May 2016.
- "Felicitations". Vogue (British magazine). 4 March 2011. Retrieved 25 May 2016.
- "V&A Ballgowns". Vogue (British magazine). 16 May 2012. Retrieved 25 May 2016.
- "Simone Handbag Museum". Judith Clark. 2012. Retrieved 25 May 2016.
- "Success Stories - Felicity Brown". Vogue Italia. 1 November 2012. Retrieved 25 May 2016.
- "Projects". www.felicitybrown.co.uk. 2016. Retrieved 25 May 2016.
- "High-End Culture Comes to Shopping Malls". The New York Times. 6 May 2015. Retrieved 25 May 2016.
- "Head-turning dresses for grand entrances – and exits". Financial Times. 5 May 2017. Retrieved 11 May 2017.