|Men's team foil |
at the 2018 Asian Games
|Venue||Jakarta Convention Center|
|Competitors||38 from 10 nations|
|Fencing at the|
2018 Asian Games
The men's team foil competition at the 2018 Asian Games in Jakarta was held on 24 August at the Jakarta Convention Center. China leads with five gold medals in this event, while South Korea and Japan were in the second and third position with 3 and 2 gold medals respectively. The other countries that ever won medals in this event were Hong Kong with 4 bronzes and Iran with a bronze.
South Korean team emerged as the champion in the men's team foil event for the third times after the victorious in 1986 Seoul and 1994 Hiroshima. The team defeated the top seeded Hong Kong with the score 45–37 in the final. Hong Kong team settled for the silver medal, while China and Japan teams who were beaten in the semifinals clinched the bronze medal.
All times are Western Indonesia Time (UTC+07:00)
|Friday, 24 August 2018||10:00||Round of 16|
|19:00||Gold medal match|
The teams were seeded taking into account the results achieved by competitors representing each team in the individual event.
|1||Hong Kong (HKG)||2||3||5|
|2||South Korea (KOR)||3||7||10|
|6||Chinese Taipei (TPE)||6||16||22|
|Round of 16||Quarterfinals||Semifinals||Gold medal match|
- "Fencing Sports Technical Handbook" (PDF). Asian Games 2018. 15 February 2018. Archived from the original (PDF) on 25 July 2018. Retrieved 1 May 2018.
- "Official Result Book Fencing" (PDF). Olympic Council of Asia. 24 August 2018. Retrieved 30 October 2018.
- "Event preview - Men's Team Foil - Fencing". Asian Games 2018. 10 August 2018. Retrieved 31 October 2018.
- Yoo, Jee-ho (24 August 2018). "(Asian Games) S. Korea wins gold in men's team foil fencing". Yonhap. Retrieved 31 October 2018.
- "HK win silver in men's fencing at Asian Games". RTHK. 25 August 2018. Retrieved 31 October 2018.