This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Birmingham, Alabama, U.S.
|Headquarters||Newport News, Virginia|
Ferguson Enterprises, Inc., headquartered in Newport News, Virginia, United States, is the largest plumbing wholesaler in North America and a major distributor of HVAC&R equipment, waterworks and fire protection products, and industrial pipes, valves and fittings.
Ferguson was founded in 1953 by Charlie Ferguson, Ralph Lenz and Johnny Smithers. In 1982, the company was acquired by Wolseley plc but retained the name Ferguson Enterprises. Wolseley has approximately 47,000 employees operating in 25 countries and is listed on the London Stock Exchange (LSE: WOS) and is in the FTSE 100 index of listed companies.
Ferguson had sales of $13.004 billion in FY15 and approximately 21,000 associates in 1,450 service centers and serves customers in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, Mexico and the Caribbean.
Kevin Murphy was appointed President and Chief Executive Officer in 2017. Bill Brundage is the Chief Financial Officer.
Ferguson’s Distribution Centers use warehouse management technology to move material from ten major distribution hubs to Ferguson branch locations and customers across the continent. Ferguson branches are largely organized by customer type and most have a traditional counter. These locations have self-service capability and are primarily used by contractors. Ferguson also has almost 300 showrooms featuring plumbing fixtures, lighting and appliances.
Contributions to the community
- "About Ferguson Enterprises". Ferguson.com. Retrieved 3 August 2017.
- "History of Ferguson Enterprises". Ferguson.com. Retrieved 3 August 2017.
- "Ferguson Executive Management Team". Ferguson.com. Retrieved 3 August 2017.
- "Plumbing Supplies & Tools for Contractors - Ferguson". Ferguson.com. Retrieved 3 August 2017.
- "Ferguson Makes Leadership Gift To Support Industry Education". Supplyht.com. Retrieved 3 August 2017.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2010-12-27. Retrieved 2011-02-17.
- "Plumbing Supplies, HVAC Parts, Pipe, Valves & Fittings – Ferguson". Ferguson.com. Retrieved 3 August 2017.
- "Ferguson Fire & Fabrication". Fergusonfire.com. Retrieved 3 August 2017.
- "Ferguson HVAC Lyon Conklin - Ferguson HVAC is a national distributor of residential and commercial heating and cooling equipment, parts, and supplies – comprising four unique brands". Lyonconklin.com. Retrieved 3 August 2017.
- "Wolseley Industrial Group". Wolseleyindustrialgroup.com. Retrieved 3 August 2017.