Fernando Rodriguez (baseball)
Rodriguez with the Oakland Athletics
|Oakland Athletics – No. 33|
June 18, 1984 |
El Paso, Texas
|May 2, 2009, for the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim|
(through 2015 season)
|Earned run average||4.38|
Rodriguez made his major league debut with the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim against the New York Yankees on May 2, 2009, at Yankee Stadium, pitching in one inning, getting two outs, and giving up three runs.
After the 2013 season, Rodriguez signed a one-year contract with the Athletics for 2014, avoiding arbitration. However, the A's designated Rodriguez for assignment on December 18, only a couple weeks after signing the deal, removing him from the 40-man roster to allow for pitcher Eury De La Rosa to be added from the Arizona Diamondbacks. His contract was purchased from Triple-A Nashville and he was added to the Athletics active roster on May 7, 2015.
- "Los Angeles Angels vs. New York Yankees – Recap – May 02, 2009 – ESPN". ESPN.com (ESPN). Associated Press. Retrieved January 21, 2010.
- Astros send struggling Abad to AAA, call up Fernando Rodriguez, Houston Chronicle, May 17, 2011.
- Gleeman, Aaron (March 14, 2013). "Fernando Rodriguez to undergo Tommy John Surgery". NBCSports.com. Retrieved April 2, 2013.
- Twitter / Athletics: #Athletics agree to terms with RHP Fernando Rodriguez on a one-year contract leaving eight arbitration eligible players... (1/2)
- Fordin, Spencer (May 7, 2015). "A's Call Up Righty Rodriguez, Designate Smith". MLB.com. Retrieved May 7, 2015.
- Career statistics and player information from MLB, or ESPN, or Baseball-Reference, or Fangraphs, or The Baseball Cube, or Baseball-Reference (Minors)
|This biographical article relating to an American baseball pitcher born in the 1980s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|