- For other banks with a similar name, see First Bank.
|Traded as||NYSE: FBP
S&P 600 Component
|Founded||San Juan, Puerto Rico|
|Headquarters||San Juan, Puerto Rico|
President and CEO
Insurance and Mortgage
Investment Banking & Services Consumer Finance + ABL
|Revenue||1.201 billion USD$ (2008)|
|109.937 million USD$ (2008)|
Number of employees
First BanCorp is a publicly owned financial holding company located in San Juan, Puerto Rico.
FirstBank was the first Savings & Loan institution established in Puerto Rico with a capital of $200,000 in 1948. Today, the company provides financial services for retail, commercial and institutional clients in Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands and Florida. First BanCorp FBP (NYSE Symbol) is headquartered in San Juan, Puerto Rico and is ranked the 669th and 1537th Largest Company In The World in Forbes magazine by Total Assets and Profits. On 2006 it had over $18.8 billion in assets.
- Mr. Aurelio Aleman-Bermudez, 56
Chief Exec. Officer, Pres, Director,
- Mr. Orlando Berges-Gonzalez CPA, 57
Chief Financial Officer and Exec. VP
Direct Competition in Puerto Rico
- Popular, Inc. (BPOP) & OFG Bancorp (OFG)
- People (2010-07-14). "FIRST BANCORP (PUERTO RICO) (FBP)". Reuters. Retrieved 2010-07-14.
- First BanCorp Corporate Information by Forbes.com
- First BanCorp (FBP) Company Financials by NASDAQ.com
- First BanCorp (2010-07-14). "Corporate Overview". First BanCorp. Retrieved 2010-07-14.
- United States Government Accountability Office, "TROUBLED ASSET RELIEF PROGRAM - Capital Purchase Program Largely Has Wound Down", United States Government Accountability Office via Report to Congressional Committees, May 2016. Retrieved 2016-06-06.
|This Puerto Rican location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|