|Origin||Denton, Texas, United States|
|Genres||indie pop / twee, indie rock|
Business Deal Records,|
Fishboy is an American four-piece indie pop band from Denton, Texas, United States, that began as the solo project of Eric Michener. He was given the nickname on a middle-school field trip after a dare to pluck and swallow a fish at the Dallas World Aquarium. The band is signed to Happy Happy Birthday To Me Records in Athens, Georgia and associated with the Austin, Texas music collective Business Deal Records.
The band's 2007 release, Albatross: How We Failed to Save the Lone Star State with the Power of Rock and Roll, is a record that Michener calls "a rock opera about how myself, the band, and the ghost of Buddy Holly attempt to save Texas by going on a tour/crime spree in order to perform all 8,030 of the songs I've written in my sleep since I was in the womb."
In 2011, the band released Classic Creeps, described as "the first in an ongoing series of Fishboy records featuring characters whose lives interconnect to form a bigger story." Each track is listed in alphabetical order, and each character's name begins with the letter A.
In 2017, Fishboy appeared on the podcast "Don't Feed the Artists" to promote their upcoming album Art Guards for Lauren Records.
- Eric "Fishboy" Michener - Vocals, guitar
- Grahm Robinson - Drums
- Samuel Escalante - Guitar, Keys
- Brooks Martin - Bass
- Dave "Cleveland" Koen
- Adam "Sweatpants" Avramescu - Keyboard, horns, percussion
- Scarlett Wright - Bass, backup vocals
- Tommy "Medicine Ball" Garcia - Drums
- Ryan "Secret Crystal" Williams of The Baptist Generals - Bass
- Justin "Sixlets" Lloyd - Bass
- John ""Christakis" Clardy of Tera Melos - Drums
- Winston Reed "Slapbracelet" Chapman of Bosque Brown and The Baptist Generals - Drums
- Brady "The Bear" Goodwin - Bass, tuba
- Drew "Albatross" Erickson of Roy G and the Biv - Drums, keys
- Art Guards, Lauren Records (2017)
- An Elephant, Self Released (2014)
- Classic Creeps, Happy Happy Birthday To Me Records (2011)
- Albatross: How We Failed to Save the Lone Star State with the Power of Rock and Roll, Happy Happy Birthday To Me Records (2007), Fishstick Records, (2011)
- Little D, Business Deal Records (2005)
- Zipbangboom, Business Deal Records (2003)
- NOM, Self Released (2009)
- IMAVOLCANO 7" and comic, Lauren Records (2013)
- Split 7" with Baby Calendar, Happy Happy Birthday To Me Records (2007)
- I Think We Should Stay Away From Each Other, Lauren Records (2011)
- The American Friends of Carlos Velez, Self Released (2002)
- Tim Fly's Cause He's Having Fun, Business Deal Records (2000)
- Sam Machkovech (22 October 2006). "Fishboy". Dallasobserver.com. Retrieved 19 December 2014.
- "Austin News, Events, Restaurants, Music - The Austin Chronicle". Austinchronicle.com. Retrieved 19 December 2014.
- "Events and Entertainment in Dallas-Fort Worth - GuideLive". Guidelive.com. Retrieved 19 December 2014.
- "Pasta Primavera: Fishboy Makes Me Smile". Pastaprima.blogspot.com. Retrieved 19 December 2014.
-  Archived April 25, 2012, at the Wayback Machine.