From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up fissure in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
In anatomy, a fissure is a deep, elongated groove or tear in various parts of the body.
Fissure may also refer to:
- Fissure (dentistry), a break in the tooth enamel
- Skin fissure
- Anal fissure
- Fissure of the nipple, a condition that results from running, breastfeeding and other friction-causing exposures
- Fissured tongue, a condition characterized by deep grooves (fissures) in the tongue
- Fissure vent, a linear volcanic vent through which lava erupts, usually without any explosive activity
- Ice fissure, deep fracture or crevasse in glaciology
- Fissures (film), a 2009 film
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Fissure.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.