|Editor in Chief||Matthew Bedard|
|Creative director||Jim Turner|
|Style director||Long Nguyen|
|Frequency||6 Issues Per Year|
|First issue||November 1998|
|Based in||Los Angeles, California|
The magazine was founded in 1998 by the current C.E.O. Luis Barajas, and Creative Director Jim Turner, who had previously run Detour magazine as well as Long Nguyen the magazine's Style Director. The Editor in Chief is Matthew Bedard.
Flaunt is an independent magazine currently published six times a year (after a decade of being published 10 times a year) with international distribution. Celebrity covers include Beyoncé, Britney Spears, Nick Jonas, Pamela Anderson, Cate Blanchett, Brad Pitt, Kanye West, Selena Gomez, Norman Reedus, Jared Leto, and Lewis Hamilton. In addition to a celebrity cover, every issue incorporates an art cover, which is a site-specific piece created for the exterior cover of the magazine. Notable art cover contributors include John Baldessari, Taryn Simon, Dan Graham, Julie Mehretu, Zaha Hadid, Rem Koolhaas, Sue de Beer, and David LaChapelle.
Flaunt has extensive digital properties and produces exclusive events in celebration of issue releases around the year, including events at the Cannes Film Festival, Art Basel Miami Beach, Venice Biennale, New York, London, and Milan Fashion Weeks, and the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival.
The publication has earned numerous awards including:
- FOLIO: Eddie & Ozzie Awards in the categories of Best Full Issue of a General Interest Magazine and Best Single Article in a Consumer Entertainment Magazine
- PRINT Excellence in Design
- Medal for Editorial Design from the Art Director's Club
- "Fashion Magazines". Benjamin Kanarek Blog. 19 July 2009. Retrieved 18 October 2016.
- "The Man behind FLAUNT Magazine: Luis Barajas’ Love Affair with Magazines". Mr Magazine. 21 June 2012. Retrieved 20 December 2015.
- "Luis Barajas on Fashion Net". www.fashion.net. Retrieved 26 February 2016.
- "Matthew Bedard - Flaunt Magazine". Flaunt Magazine. Retrieved 26 February 2016.