|Industry||Mobile, Apps, Chatbots, Loyalty Programs|
|Defunct||April 1, 2020|
|Headquarters||New York City|
Flok (formerly Loyalblocks) was an American tech startup based in New York City that provides marketing services such as chatbots/AI, customer loyalty programs, mobile apps and CRM services to local businesses.
On October 1, 2019, Flok communicated via email stating that Flok is shutting down on March 1st, 2020.
Flok was founded in 2011 by Ido Gaver and Eran Kirshenboim and has offices in Tel Aviv, Israel. In May 2013, Flok secured a $9 million Series A Round from General Catalyst Partners with participation from Founder Collective and existing investor Gemini Israel Ventures. In total, Flok has raised over $18 million in venture capital in three rounds.
In May 2014, Flok announced a self-service loyalty platform for SMBs to build their own programs with beacon integration. At that time, approximately 40,000 businesses were using the service. In 2016, Flok released a turnkey chatbot service for local businesses, and was featured in AdWeek for developing the first weed bot chatbot for a California cannabis business.
Flok offers an eponymous customer-facing app that consumers use to receive rewards and deals from partner businesses, and a Flok business app for merchants to manage the platform. Both are available for iOS and Android operating systems. Flok's main products center around customer loyalty and rewards. The platform offers a digital punch card, proximity marketing, push messaging and CRM services in addition to its chatbots and AI features.
- "Your next loyalty 'punch card' will be driven by AI". VentureBeat. Retrieved 26 July 2016.
- "Flok uses Bluetooth and chatbots to lure people inside thousands of small businesses". VentureBeat. 26 July 2016. Retrieved 27 July 2016.
- Forbes Communications Council. "How Conversational UX And The Internet Of Things Are Changing The Way We Communicate". Forbes. Retrieved 26 July 2016.
- "Should Your Business Create an App?". American Express OPEN Forum. 25 March 2016. Retrieved 26 July 2016.
- "Small Business Loyalty Programs : flok". Trend Hunter. Retrieved 26 July 2016.
- "Loyalty Is Not Enough — It's All About Customer Relationship Management Now". Geomarketing. 7 June 2016. Retrieved 26 July 2016.
- Lunden, Ingrid (19 January 2017). "Wix buys Flok to add loyalty and mobile CRM to its business tools". TechCrunch. Retrieved 23 January 2017.
- "Wix acquires Israeli CRM co flok - Globes". Globes (in Hebrew). 22 January 2017. Retrieved 7 June 2018.
- "Is Flok Closing Down or Being Discontinued?". Stamp Me loyalty Solutions. 22 November 2019.
- Zimmerman, Eilene. "LoyalBlocks Simplifies Mobile App Creation for Small Merchants". The New York Times. Retrieved 26 July 2016.
- "LoyalBlocks Nabs $9M for Its Automated Mobile Loyalty Program". 23 May 2013.
- Taylor, Colleen. "LoyalBlocks Lands $9 Million Led By General Catalyst To Scale Out Its Mobile-Based Loyalty Program". TechCrunch. Retrieved 26 July 2016.
- "Your next loyalty 'punch card' will be driven by AI". VentureBeat. 7 April 2016. Retrieved 26 July 2016.
- "LoyalBlocks Adds Beacon to Self-Serve Loyalty Platform for SMBS".
- "Flok uses Bluetooth and chatbots to lure people inside thousands of small businesses". 26 July 2016.
- "Flok wants to bring chatbots to the small business masses". 27 July 2016.
- "This California Marijuana Dispensary Is Using Bots to Understand Customers' Preferences". Adweek. Retrieved 26 July 2016.
- "flok - get rewarded on the App Store". App Store (iOS). Retrieved 26 July 2016.
- "Startup LoyalBlocks helps small businesses zap deals and rewards to customers' smartphones".
- "flok business on the App Store". App Store (iOS). Retrieved 26 July 2016.
- "Flok Launches Chatbots to Bolster Customer Engagement for Local Businesses | Street Fight". 26 July 2016.
- "Beacons 101: What Smart Brick-and-Mortar Retailers Need to Know | Payment Week". Payment Week. 17 May 2016. Retrieved 26 July 2016.
- "Flok Review - Merchant Maverick". Merchant Maverick. Retrieved 26 July 2016.