|Florence George Graves|
|Born||Florence George Graves|
|Education||University of Arizona, University of Texas at Austin|
|Known for||Investigative Journalist|
She is an award-winning investigative reporter and editor whose work focuses on exposing abuses of government and corporate power, and on revealing inequities between the powerful and the powerless. She also is a Resident Scholar at the Brandeis Women’s Studies Research Center. As an investigative reporter for The Washington Post, she and a colleague broke the Senator Bob Packwood sexual misconduct story, which led to an historic three-year Senate investigation followed by a Senate Ethics Committee vote to expel him and then his forced resignation. She has received a number of prestigious fellowship awards, including from the Institute of Politics at Harvard’s Kennedy School of Government, the Radcliffe Public Policy Institute, the Alicia Patterson Journalism Fellowship  in 1993 and the Pope Foundation. She founded the award-winning and nationally circulated political and investigative journal, Common Cause Magazine. Her work there led to congressional hearings and to reforms in public policies, and has received such prestigious awards as the Investigative Reporters and Editors Award and the 1987 National Magazine Award for General Excellence, the highest award given in magazine journalism.
- Resident Scholars at the Brandeis Women’s Studies Research Center
- The Reporter Who Knew Too Much
- Alicia Patterson Journalism Fellowship
- Common Cause Magazine Online
- Puchalla, Debra (March 1997). "The Little Magazine That Could". American Journalism Review archive. Retrieved 8 March 2016.
- "National Magazine Award Winners 1966-2015". MPA – the Association of Magazine Media. Retrieved 8 March 2016.
- Birnbaum, Jeffrey H. (19 February 2008). "Common Cause, Washington Monthly Explore a Common Future". The Washington Post. Washington, D.C. Retrieved 8 March 2016.
- Kemper, Vicki (Winter 1995). "The reporter who knew too much: how Florence George Graves developed the Packwood story - ex-Sen. Bob Packwood's sexual miscoduct". Common Cause Magazine. Retrieved 2007-06-20.
- Harvard University Gazette, February 08, 1996 – Radcliffe Public Policy Fellows Address Varied Issues