Florence Sender (b. January 25, 1943 – d. October 19, 2012) was an American entrepreneur. She founded or served as a director of a number of companies. Sender taught at the MIT Sloan School of Management and co-founded its MIT Entrepreneurship Center.
Career in business
Sender founded, directed, or participated in a number of notable business ventures. She was described as a "serial entrepreneur."
In 1978, Sender founded Nibbles International, a seller of all-natural cheese spreads and snacks that Sender developed and that were produced and distributed by Beatrice Foods. For her work with Nibbles, she was recognized in 1987 as a runner-up for Inc. magazine's "hottest entrepreneur in America." The French food company Bongrain purchased Nibbles in 1988.
Be Fine Food skincare line
In 2006, Sender founded Be Fine, a Newton, Massachusetts-based maker of food-based skincare products. Be Fine's line, which is formulated entirely from food products, has been distributed by retailers including CVS Pharmacy, Duane Reade, and Rite Aid. The company has been cited as an example of a green, sustainable enterprise.
Sender was founder and CEO of ClickR, LLC, a 2010 retail start-up that she founded with her husband, Noam Sender. ClickR announced in September 2010 that it would launch a new skincare line in October 2010. Sephora began selling the start-up's products in January 2011. ClickR describes its products as "completely vegan" and designed to avoid irritating sensitive skin. In January 2011, the company announced that actor Cam Gigandet had signed on as a spokesperson for the brand, and characterized him as the "first official male spokesperson for a beauty brand."
Work in education
From 1989 to 1997, Sender was an Executive Director of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology's Sloan School of Management, where she taught MBA students. Sender also lectured at Tufts University.
- Obituary: Florence Sender. Tributes.com
- Albion, Mark S. True to Yourself: Leading a Values-Based Business. Berrett-Koehler Publishers. 2006. p. 38. 
- Richman, Tom. "The Hottest Entrepreneur In America." Inc.. 1 February 1987. 
- Friedman, Marty. "Spread the word: new varieties of cheese." Dairy Foods. May 1990. 
- Murphy, Jen. "Farm-fresh Beauty." Food & Wine. September 2008. 
- "Vegan Beauty Products: 'Be Fine' Skincare Made of Food." Trendhunter Magazine. 
- "Ride the wave of green business, sustainably." ukfast. 11 September 2008. 
- "Florence Sender’s Latest Start-up Clicks in at $1.5M." citybizlist.com. 17 April 2010. 
- Press release: "clickR Skin Care Launches Complete Line For Acne and Blemish Prone Youthful Skin." 24 September 2010.
- Field, Adrian. "Sephora Launches New 'ClickR' Skin Care Line." Huffington Post.18 January 2011. 
- Press release: "clickR: New Skin Care Collection Clicks with Youthful Skin." 24 September 2010.
- Goodison, Donna. "Call it food for the skin: Local co. looks healthy." Boston Herald. 16 March 2007. 
- "Tufts Initiative for Leadership and International Perspective: 1999-2000." Tufts University.