This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Florida Probe is a probing and charting software used by dentists and dental hygienists to detect and diagnose periodontal disease. It may also help research companies to track down the progress and results of trial treatments performed on controlled study patients. 
The software was developed by Florida Probe Corporation and released for the first time in 1987. It was created as a project for the University of Florida.
- Customizable voice feedback (in different languages and genders)
- Robust SQL Express based Database Engine
- Tooth history and visits comparison charts
- Risk assessment, Summary reports, Plaque chart, Patient education videos
- Diagnosis Forms with Epad Signature support
- It can collect: Pocket Depth, Recession, Furcation, Plaque, Mobility, MGJ, Bleeding, Pus and more
- Ability to export all data to Excel format file
- Offline Mode
- Global Settings that apply to all workstations
- A complete patient record can be exported and imported using an encapsulated .FPC file
- Ability to link with over 40 different Practice Management Software providers, including Dentrix, DSN Software, Eaglesoft, Practiceworks, and Softdent
- "University of Florida Article 07/21/1987". University of Florida. Retrieved 2009-08-21.[dead link]
- Periodontology By Herbert F. Wolf. Google Books. Retrieved 2009-08-21.
- "Public Company Information provided by www.Manta.com". www.Manta.com. Retrieved 2009-08-21.
- Gibbs, Charles H.; John W. Hirschfeld; James G. Lee; Samuel B. Low; Ingvar Magnusson; Robert R. Thousand; Prasad Yemeni; William B. Clark (1988). "Description and clinical evaluation of a new computerized periodontal probe-the Florida Probe". Journal of Clinical Periodontology. 15 (2): 137–144. doi:10.1111/j.1600-051X.1988.tb01008.x. ISSN 0303-6979.
- "Florida Probe Corporation website". Florida Probe Corporation. Retrieved 2009-08-21.
- "Review from Dental Products Reports.com". DentalProductsReports.com. Retrieved 2009-08-21.