This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
|Origin||New York City, New York, United States|
|Genres||Indie rock, psychedelic rock, experimental rock, noise rock, lo-fi|
|Labels||Marble Moat, Dark Beloved Cloud, Shimmy Disc, See Eye, Hemiola, Vital Music|
Eric Marc Cohen
|Past members||Mike Anzalone|
Fly Ashtray is an American rock band, formed in 1983 in the Bronx, New York, by Chris Thomas, James Kavoussi, Eric Thomas, John Beekman and Mike Anzalone. At some point, Thomas and Anzalone left the band which led to Beekman moving from lead vocalist to bassist/guitarist, and then Kavoussi switched from keyboard to guitar. Glen Luttman joined the band at this juncture to play the drums.
Spoog, a side project, resulted with impromptu gigs when one or another member of the band was out of town. Anzalone and Kavoussi also played in Uncle Wiggly. Kavoussi has made solo records billed as Phoaming Edison. The line-up of Thomas, Kavoussi, Beekman and Luttman was stable for a lengthy period until Beekman's duties were taken over in 1998 by Dave Abel.
In 2003, Luttman requested a leave of absence from Fly Ashtray, and in the same year Eric Marc Cohen took over drum duties.
- 1990 - Nothing Left to Spill
- 1991 - Clumps Takes a Ride
- 1993 - Tone Sensations of the Wonder-Men
- 1998 - Sawgrass Subligette
- 2007 - Pantswind Folder
- 2009 - Reports
- 2012 - Fly Ashtray
- 2016 - We Buy Everything You Have
- 2017 - Grit Is The New Privilege
- 2019 - Why Are You Asking Me?
Singles and EPs
- 1987 - The Day I Turned Into Jim Morrison
- 1990 - Extended Outlook
- 1991 - Soap/BIP/Feather
- 1992 - Let's Have Some Crate
- 1997 - Flummoxed
- 2002 - Stop the Zockos
- 2008 - Doodnat Mahadeo
- Steve Huey. "Fly Ashtray | Biography & History". AllMusic. Retrieved 2020-03-13.
- Claudia La Rocco (2010-01-31). "At the Kitchen, Multiple Meditations on the Duet". The New York Times. Retrieved 2020-03-13.