Fly Young Red
Fly Young Red
|Birth name||Franklin Randall|
|Also known as||FYR|
|Born||October 5, 1991|
New Orleans, Louisiana 
This section needs to be updated.June 2019)(
Red was born in New Orleans, Louisiana, and raised in Southern California to a religious baptist family where he was an active Christian at that time. In his early teenage years, was a member of a short lived male hip hop/R&B group. When he was fourteen years old, due to events of Hurricane Katrina, he moved to Houston, Texas where he currently resides.
Red negotiated a deal with Las Vegas based music video production team Level Eight Studios to produce a music video for the song "Throw That Boy Pussy". The video, which was shot in the summer of 2013, and later released in the Spring of 2014 became viral In an April 2014 interview with BET, Red stated that he "wasn't ready for a record deal", and that he wasn't contracted by a music label.
Red self-identifies as gay. He decided to be more open about his sexuality due to the lack of homosexual male rappers in the hip hop industry.
- "Fly Young Red: I'm Not Ready for a Record Deal". bet.com. Retrieved 25 November 2016.
- Arcenaux, Michael (March 26, 2014). "[THE WEEKLY READ] Throw That Boy...Oh, My - News & Views - EBONY". Ebony. Retrieved April 6, 2014.
- Nichols, James (2014-03-26). "Fly Young Red early life". Huffington Post. Retrieved 2010-11-06.
- Potts, Andrew (2014-04-08). "Debut single". Gay star news. Retrieved 2014-03-28.
- 2014, Robert Longfellow Apr 12; This, 12:14pm Share This Tweet This Email (12 April 2014). "Gay Rapper Fly Young Red Discusses Career & Girls vs Boys [VIDEO]". hiphopwired.com. Retrieved 25 November 2016.