1974 (age 43–44)
|Known for||Founder and creative director of Tiffany Amber|
|Spouse(s)||Folorunsho Coker (divorced)|
Early life and education
Folake was born in Lagos, Nigeria in 1974. After her education in Switzerland and the United Kingdom, She earned a postgraduate degree in petroleum law and returned to Nigeria to pursue her fashion interests
Her fashion brand, "Tiffany Amber" was launched in Lagos in 1998 and has become an iconic label in the Nigerian fashion industry. The Brand has four stand alone stores and boutiques in Lagos and Abuja. She has staged several fashion shows in Africa, Europe  and the United States. In 2008, she made history as the first African-based fashion designer to stage a show twice at the New York Fashion Week. She was the first recipient of the "Designer of the Year" award at the African fashion week in Johannesburg in 2009 and was also awarded "Fashion Brand of the Year" at the ARISE Magazine Fashion week in 2011. In 2013, she received an Enterprise Award at the 2013 Women, Inspiration and Enterprise (WIE) Symposium and made the Forbes Power women list. She unveiled her 'Nirvana' spring/summer collections at DOII Designs launch.
She was married to businessman Folorunsho Coker, who has since remarried, former managing director of the number plate production authority of the State of Lagos, now business adviser to the Governor of Lagos.
- "Magnificently Brilliant Folake Coker Covers TW Magazine's April issue". BBBuzz. April 10, 2014. Retrieved June 4, 2014.
- Olamide Olanrewaju. "The 'Forbes' Designer! Folake Folarin Coker Is Stunning On TW Magazine April Cover". Pulse. Retrieved June 4, 2014.
- "Fashion Designer:Folake Folarin -Coker". Afrobougee. Retrieved June 4, 2014.
- Belinda Otas. "Tiffany Amber & The Business of Fashion". Retrieved June 4, 2014.
- "Tiffany Amber presents her Fearless Luxury at the London fashion Week". FabAfrique Magazine. September 13, 2011. Retrieved June 4, 2014.
- "Folake Folarin Coker and the Tiffany Amber brand". MSN Lifestyle. Retrieved June 4, 2014.
- "Folake Folarin-Coker of Tiffany Amber Nigeria, scoops WIE Enterprise Award". Womanist World. Retrieved June 4, 2014.
- "Folake Coker covers TW Magaxine's April Issue". Jaguda. Retrieved June 4, 2014.
- Noble Ezeala (February 8, 2014). "Tiffany Amber Debuts 'Nirvana' Collections". the Fancy Hub. Retrieved June 4, 2014.
|This article about a fashion designer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|