For an Angel
This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2007) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|"For An Angel"|
|Single by Paul van Dyk|
|from the album 45 RPM|
|Released||5 December 1994|
|Songwriter(s)||Paul van Dyk|
|Producer(s)||Paul van Dyk|
|Paul van Dyk singles chronology|
"For An Angel" is a trance debut track by German DJ Paul van Dyk. His most famous track, it was initially released in 1994 as a track on 45 RPM on the MFS record label, which was van Dyk's first studio album. It was later reworked and re-released in 1998 as "E-Werk Remix" on Deviant Records, a homage to the E-Werk nightclub where van Dyk used to be the resident DJ, the song reached number-one on the UK Dance Chart for several weeks. Since its release the track has become one of the most influential and greatest trance tracks of all time. It was voted by Mixmag readers as the eighth greatest dance record of all time.
Three music videos exist for the track, one from 1994, filmed in the Riviera Maya in Mexico; the other from 1998, featuring footage from the Love Parade in Berlin; the third from 2009, filmed in an exhibition in L.A. and Berlin. The first video is available on Global.
The original music video was filmed in the Riviera Maya in Mexico, in which Paul van Dyk, dressed in Malibu clothing, is seen relaxing on the beach, in a river and other various locations. Also appearing are various short clips of the scenery surrounding him. At the start of the music video, Paul van Dyk is seen sitting under a palm tree, while later in the music video he watches local children playing football on the beach.
- 12" single (UK release)
- "For An Angel" (PvD E-Werk Club Mix) –(7:43)
- "For An Angel" (Way Out West Mix) – (5:48)
- "For An Angel" (Terry Lee Brown Jnr Mix) – (6:28)
|Belgium (Ultratop 50 Flanders)||45|
|Europe (Eurochart Hot 100 Singles)||74|
|Germany (Official German Charts)||44|
|Netherlands (Single Top 100)||54|
|UK Singles (The Official Chart Company)||28|
The song was sampled in British singer Rachel McFarlane's 1998 song "Lover", which incidentally have been mashed up with "For an Angel" by DJs in their club sets and circulated in bootleg releases.
- What is the Greatest Dance Track of All Time? Mixmag (15 February 2013).
- "Gigi D'Agostino - Il Programmino Di Gigi D'Agostino (CD) at Discogs". Discogs.com. Retrieved 2012-06-07.
- "Ultratop.be – Paul van Dyk – For an Angel" (in Dutch). Ultratop 50.
- "Musicline.de – Paul van Dyk Single-Chartverfolgung" (in German). Media Control Charts. PhonoNet GmbH.
- "Dutchcharts.nl – Paul van Dyk – For an Angel" (in Dutch). Single Top 100.