For You I Will (Aaron Tippin song)
|"For You I Will"|
|Single by Aaron Tippin|
|from the album What This Country Needs|
|B-side||"Back When I Knew Everything"|
|Released||August 3, 1998|
|Writer(s)||Mark Nesler, Tony Martin|
|Producer(s)||Pat McMakin, Aaron Tippin|
|Aaron Tippin singles chronology|
"For You I Will" is a song written by Mark Nesler and Tony Martin, and recorded by American country music singer Aaron Tippin. It was released in August 1998 as the lead single from the album, What This Country Needs. The song reached number 6 on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks chart and number 49 on the Billboard Hot 100. It also reached number 27 on the Canadian RPM Country Tracks chart.
Deborah Evans Price, of Billboard magazine reviewed the song favorably, saying that Tippin's vocals "have a warmer, mellower tone - still country, but not quite as twangy." She compares his vocals on this song to "That's as Close as I'll Get to Loving You." She says that Tippin "forgoes his frequent working-man theme for a straight-ahead romantic number complete with lovely lyrical promises set against the backdrop of a steel guitar."
The music video was directed by Steven R. Monroe and premiered in mid-1998.
"For You I Will" debuted at number 68 on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks for the week of August 8, 1998.
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||27|
|US Billboard Hot 100||49|
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||6|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||57|
- Whitburn, Joel (2008). Hot Country Songs 1944 to 2008. Record Research, Inc. p. 423. ISBN 0-89820-177-2.
- Billboard, August 22, 1998
- "Top RPM Country Tracks: Issue 7134." RPM. Library and Archives Canada. January 25, 1999. Retrieved July 7, 2013.
- "Aaron Tippin Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Hot 100 for Aaron Tippin.
- "Aaron Tippin Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Hot Country Songs for Aaron Tippin.
- "Best of 1999: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 1999. Retrieved July 7, 2013.
|This 1990s country song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|