Forbes (engineering company)
|Traded as||BSE: 502865|
Engineering, Business Automation
|Parent||Shapoorji Pallonji Group|
Forbes & Company Ltd., the erstwhile Forbes Gokak Ltd. based in Mumbai, is the oldest registered company in India and one of the oldest in the world, which is in the business. It was established in the year 1767, by a Scottish gentleman John Forbes Esq. of Aberdeenshire, Scotland. Over the past few years, the management of the company moved from the Forbes family to the Campbells to the Tata Group and now finally to the well known Shapoorji Pallonji Group; leaders in infrastructure, construction and real estate businesses, amongst many others. Forbes & Company Limited has three main businesses, namely:
- Shipping & Logistics
- Business Automation
- "FORBES & CO LTD (FG:IN): Stock Quote & Company Profile - BusinessWeek". Investing.businessweek.com. Retrieved 2010-07-16.
- "Forbes & Company Limited". Forbes.co.in. Retrieved 2010-07-16.
- "Company Profile: Forbes & Company Ltd. Company Information". Economictimes.indiatimes.com. 1919-12-31. Retrieved 2010-07-16.
- "Forbes & Company Limited Company Profile - 502865 INDIA Market Size, Market Share and Demand Forecast". Wrightreports.ecnext.com. Retrieved 2010-07-16.
- www.eindiabusiness.com. "Forbes And Company Ltd. - Miscellaneous Industrial & Engineering Goods & Supplies,BANGALORE India". Eindiabusiness.com. Retrieved 2010-07-16.