From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For French ships named in honour of Claude de Forbin, see French ship Forbin.
Forbin is a French surname.
Members of an ancient Provence family (which now has many branches, the principal ones being the Forbin des Lasarts branch and the Forbin Janson branch) bearing the name include:
- Palamède de Forbin (died 1508), founder of the house
- Toussaint de Forbin-Janson (1625–1713), called the cardinal de Janson, bishop
- Claude de Forbin (1656-1733), French naval commander
- Jacques II de Forbin-Janson (1680–1741), Archbishop of Arles
- Joseph de Forbin (died 1728)
- Louis Nicolas Philippe Auguste de Forbin (1779–1841), French painter
- Charles-Auguste-Marie-Joseph de Forbin-Janson (1785–1844), Bishop of Nancy
Others with this surname include:
- Alfred Forbin (1872-1956), stamp dealer
- The fictional character Charles A. Forbin in the film Colossus: The Forbin Project
|This page lists people with the surname Forbin. If an internal link intending to refer to a specific person led you to this page, you may wish to change that link by adding the person's given name(s) to the link.|